Mesh Body Help

B4BYYBOY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am brand new to second life and was looking for a top tier body or popular mesh body that has what I am looking for. It doesn’t have to be well known. But a body that just looks good and has good feautures. I was wanting a male mesh body that has the best v-shape or Dorito shape. One that looks like it really pops out and makes the torso look small and the upper body wide and muscular. But I want it to not be body builder big. I want it athletic gym like for a skinnier and more shredded look. Tiny waist and what is inspired by a superhero physique. Like Connor Murphy. Any ideas? 

• Haha 1

Not specifically, but I suggest a strategy for finding what you are interested in. 

First, sample the free mesh avatars that we all have access to through the viewer.  In the standard SL viewer, that's in the menu under Avatar ... Complete Avatars.  They are the right price, and they are bodies that you shouldn't be embarrassed to use while you are trying to figure out how avatars work. 

Then, read through articles in the Knowledge Base (tab at the top of this page) that deal with avatars.  They are not very detailed, but they at least lay out some of the basic language and give you an idea of what sorts of things to keep in mind as you start searching. 

Then, start visiting a lot of merchants -- in world and in Marketplace -- who sell mesh bodies but don't buy anything.  Collect free demos and play with them.  (Do the same with heads, which are not always sold by the same merchants as bodies.)  Demos often only offer a limited set of options, but they give you a feel for what bodies look like and how easy it is to use the tools for customizing them. 

I suggest taking a month or so to do all of this.  It will take you that long to get used to being in SL anyway, and to appreciate the value of the big L$ that you can sink into an avatar if you make hasty decisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd wait for the promised update before even considering Jake as an option.

Out of the well known choices, your best bet will be Signature's Gianni and, well, Legacy.

As for the cheap or free alternatives, Roth and whatsoever: sorry to the fans, but for my liking, they are as ugly as hell.

And yeah, the demo demo demo and learning part.

• Like 2

Also check out the tutorials at Virtual Bloke tutorials.   This is a very comprehensive set of tutorials for males, and they are very well written and hopefully easy to follow, even for new accounts.   Terminology used in talking about mesh bodies and heads is explained, as well as information about some of the major brands of male bodies. 

Edited by MoiraKathleen
added another point
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'd wait for the promised update before even considering Jake as an option

So true, hubby is cursing like a sailor sometimes about all the issues, especially with the neck and hands 😂 it's the most entertaining thing tho...but don't tell him x3 

2 hours ago, B4BYYBOY said:

I am brand new to second life and was looking for a top tier body or popular mesh body that has what I am looking for. It doesn’t have to be well known. But a body that just looks good and has good feautures. I was wanting a male mesh body that has the best v-shape or Dorito shape. One that looks like it really pops out and makes the torso look small and the upper body wide and muscular. But I want it to not be body builder big. I want it athletic gym like for a skinnier and more shredded look. Tiny waist and what is inspired by a superhero physique. Like Connor Murphy. Any ideas? 

Pick up a demo for Signature Gianni. It's popular, easy to dress, and could be easily molded into the "Dorito" look you're after.

The second popular body is Belleza Jake. Apparently plenty of people like it enough for creators to keep making new contents for it.  My main reservation for this one is the lack of updates and THAT NECK SEAM.

The third popular choice is (TMP) Legacy.  You can get a slim and shredded look with this one.  I personally don't care for TMP because of past business practices and how it lags everyone out.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1

You might try Slink. The downside is that it's not getting a lot of clothing creator attention, but its "Redux" versions were already Bakes-on-Mesh when the others were still learning what it means (some of whom never really learned, like Belleza, which still relies on third-party contributions to even approximate proper BoM). Slink's Redux models eschew alpha-cuts, instead requiring (proper BoM) alpha masks, so for old-timey alpha-cuts you'd need to use the "Classic" version that's bundled with the products.

Also, based on your description, you may want to look at some morphs that can change mesh bodies beyond the shape adjusters. These were designed for Jake but I've used them with every other male mesh body. You may hate them (and they might interfere with some rigged clothes in some poses) but check 'em out.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

You might try Slink. The downside is that it's not getting a lot of clothing creator attention, but its "Redux" versions were already Bakes-on-Mesh when the others were still learning what it means (some of whom never really learned, like Belleza, which still relies on third-party contributions to even approximate proper BoM). Slink's Redux models eschew alpha-cuts, instead requiring (proper BoM) alpha masks, so for old-timey alpha-cuts you'd need to use the "Classic" version that's bundled with the products.

Also, based on your description, you may want to look at some morphs that can change mesh bodies beyond the shape adjusters. These were designed for Jake but I've used them with every other male mesh body. You may hate them (and they might interfere with some rigged clothes in some poses) but check 'em out.

^

This

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.