Olympics

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Who's watching?  What will you watch?  Anything you'd like to comment on?  

I normally only watch the diving and the gymnastics, men's and women's. And when did Badminton become an Olympic sport?   Next thing you know, they'll include bowling with beer and nachos.

• Like 3

Typically I'd be watching the gymnastics, both artistic & rhythmic, and the artistic swimming - sometimes volleyball also.

However, I am heading out early tomorrow morning for a week's vacation, so I'll just have to use youtube at night to watch the specific things that I want to see until I get back home.

• Like 2

Seems there have been a few controversies already!

If I remember when they're on, I might watch the swimming, diving, handball and soccer. 

Is Sumo wrestling on? I saw that a few years ago thinking it'd be fun, found it a bit 🥱 to be honest...

• Like 2

I like the diving, the rhythmic gymnastics, synchronised swimming and archery. 

35 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And when did Badminton become an Olympic sport?  

I don't know when exactly, but certainly it isn't new this time. Several women badminton players got disqualified in 2012 for losing on purpose to try to manipulate the final rounds. (Does that count as match fixing, if it isn't gambling related?)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Is Sumo wrestling on? I saw that a few years ago thinking it'd be fun, found it a bit 🥱 to be honest...

Try fencing. If you were expecting something like Zorro or The Princess Bride, you're in for such a disappointment!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'll be sleeping and then getting up for work..

My prime time is when most people are still sleeping or just waking up..

If I were to watch it, it would mostly be Gymnastics and if they even show it, the Equestrian events.

I'll probably have to catch all that on youtube though..

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Seems there have been a few controversies already!

If I remember when they're on, I might watch the swimming, diving, handball and soccer. 

Now Sumo wrestling I would definitely watch.  Much more entertaining than regular wrestling. 

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

i'll like the Winter Games more, soccer, cycling and fighting sports aren't really my thing.

I do like watching diving... but woulnd't even jump from 2 m myself... ( ánd... it's a pleasure to those nice lean guys :) .. in special supporting GB with Tom Daley 😊
( don't know the netherlands dives.....)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I've never understood why anyone wanted to watch somebody else play games.  Playing I get, watching? not so much.

I'm rubbish at anything athletic, so I don't enjoy playing sports. But I enjoy watching world class athletes doing things I can only dream of doing, and the excitement if I want a particular person or team to win.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I've never understood why anyone wanted to watch somebody else play games.  Playing I get, watching? not so much.

I've never enjoyed watching any team sports, or even most individual ones.  I have always loved the more artistic sports like gymnastics, synchronized swimming, and ice skating though.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Who's watching?  What will you watch?  Anything you'd like to comment on?  

I normally only watch the diving and the gymnastics, men's and women's. And when did Badminton become an Olympic sport?   Next thing you know, they'll include bowling with beer and nachos.

Badminton? That’s worse than golf. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Next thing you know, they'll include bowling with beer and nachos.

I'm in if we can swap out the beer for wine.

I was an awesome bowler back in my teenage days.  Not so great anymore, but the wine and nachos might make my humiliation worth it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.