Jump to content

Where to Find RP Partners?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hey,

Looking for resources to find rp partners. I haven't had the best of luck so far. I know for child avis there are adoption agencies where you can put up a picture and a notecard, is there something similar for other kinds of rp? I am hesitant to try any dating sims/groups as I am looking strictly for rp. Any valuable websites/groups/links would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there are RP sims regions where you can buy a house and do whatever it is people do in a neighborhood. Similar things exist for roleplay based on unlicensed use of intellectual property (My Little Pony, Star-wars/trek, Disney)

Finding a group of people that does XYZ roleplay and finding one or two people you really click with are different things entirely though. For finding people, my best advise would be to work up your profile with specifics about what exactly you're looking for, and then just try to meet a lot of people, and go to places that are related to your interests.

(For sex stuff, you wouldn't have a problem finding it, so I'll not mention Gor or slave auctions.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AliasCinderella said:

Hey,

Looking for resources to find rp partners. I haven't had the best of luck so far. I know for child avis there are adoption agencies where you can put up a picture and a notecard, is there something similar for other kinds of rp? I am hesitant to try any dating sims/groups as I am looking strictly for rp. Any valuable websites/groups/links would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Yeah, I've tried. 🙄 Call me naively hopeful (or, just plain stupid works too). I've looked for this same type of place over the years- a type of "adoption" or "dating" agency with panels or whatever, but strictly for finding RP partners and friends, and not specifically looking for a sexual connection. I've thought numerous times about opening a place myself, but I know it's really a pointless endeavor if you don't have enough people signing up to participate from the get-go. Can't find matches when there's only 3 active panels!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally in my 9 years of exeperience, the best is to find friends with relative similar tastes that you are looking for, and posting on forums for the position/situation you want exactly and making your profile as best as possible explain what you seek.

If not you end up roleplaying once or going to places that only want your money and they do not care of anything else.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 12:45 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

Finding a group of people that does XYZ roleplay and finding one or two people you really click with are different things entirely though. For finding people, my best advise would be to work up your profile with specifics about what exactly you're looking for, and then just try to meet a lot of people, and go to places that are related to your interests.

I live in an rp sim, and it seems like most everyone is already partnered. Do you mean my in world profile?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 7:40 PM, Trinity Heartsong said:

Yeah, I've tried. 🙄 I've thought numerous times about opening a place myself, but I know it's really a pointless endeavor if you don't have enough people signing up to participate from the get-go. Can't find matches when there's only 3 active panels!

I also thought about opening a place, or starting a group. We can't be the only people who are looking for something like this!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usually I meet role-playing friends along the way playing where I play, granted I have grown fed up with the big rp sims as I feel that as a working adult I can not dedicate enough of my life to it to stay in the know and keep up. Friends and myself used my 2 regions to build our own rp scenes. So if anyone is interested in sci fi rp or regency era type rp feel free to prod me, same legacy name as my forum name. That being said we don't rp every day, we usually meet up a few times a week as people have time or inclination. Opening a new place can be pretty fickle, there is a finite number of rpers in SL a lot of them have homes already. There are a ton of empty or almost dead rp places out there that never found any traction, so keep that in mind when you decided to make that big investment. As you are most likely not going to make your full tier in rent in a themed rp sim.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, AliasCinderella said:

Do you mean my in world profile?

Yes I mean your in-world profile.

Quote

Let's Be Friends!
Currently looking for a partner for family rp!

is a bit bland without many picks or anything more about you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Resources to find RP partners depends on the genre you're playing in. In Gor for example, are in-world groups where people post notices to invite people to join them as family members, etc. There is a general Role-Play partners group but I seldom see actual ads, just sim advertisements. ( secondlife:///app/group/88cad2ba-6da3-316f-5c04-3176773db57f/about Doesn't hurt to try! )

The best thing you can do fill out your profile to give people an idea of whether they'll be a match with you, RPwise. Leave out anything negative, don't present yourself as a jerk and try to stick to the wants instead of the dislikes. Think about the things you've seen in profiles that make you cringe or steer clear of someone and then just avoid being the same. Filling out your profile saves other people a lot of legwork in their search for RP partners.

Then just RP and hope for the best. Your RP with others is basically your billboard for your RP self. No matter what your profile says, first-hand experience is the best way to see if you're a match for others. It doesn't hurt to message someone and propose the partnership when you've bumped into someone often in RP and feel like you click well with them.

RP can be a lot of work despite being play time.

Edited by Always Salty
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 6:54 PM, Always Salty said:

The best thing you can do fill out your profile to give people an idea of whether they'll be a match with you, RPwise. Leave out anything negative, don't present yourself as a jerk and try to stick to the wants instead of the dislikes. Think about the things you've seen in profiles that make you cringe or steer clear of someone and then just avoid being the same. Filling out your profile saves other people a lot of legwork in their search for RP partners.

I'm going to try making a more thorough profile, maybe that might help a lot. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...