Discord servers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL is diverse, and (IMO) there isn't really one unified 'SL community'. Many SL communities seem to have Discord servers now, related to their particular niche, but I don't think you'd find many related to SL as a whole.

• Like 4

adding my few cents ...
there are many many SL related discord thingies... many have only a few members, are very dedicated to one subject/substyle
many new ones every day... many disapearing any day .. many splitting up for fights and disagreements....

wait... deja vu : SL groups ( but those are still very wonky)

Lots of support groups have moved mainly to Discord since SL Group Chat has become unreliable, and not yet fixed.  I belong to several, Maitraya, Addams, Blueberry, CTS Wardrobe, for instance.  I find the Lelutka one especially helpful.  Usually the Discord invite is in Group Notices, but of course, since they have a limited shelf-life you can miss that!  Ask a CSR is my advice if you want to join one.

1 hour ago, Anna Nova said:

Lots of support groups have moved mainly to Discord since SL Group Chat has become unreliable, and not yet fixed.  I belong to several, Maitraya, Addams, Blueberry, CTS Wardrobe, for instance.  I find the Lelutka one especially helpful.  Usually the Discord invite is in Group Notices, but of course, since they have a limited shelf-life you can miss that!  Ask a CSR is my advice if you want to join one.

They only have a limited shelf life because they are being setup that way,  they can be set to never expire.

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

They only have a limited shelf life because they are being setup that way,  they can be set to never expire.

Is that so?  Well it's a well kept secret as to how to set that up.  They all get a 14 day life when I do them.

1591839171_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2309-48-19.png.a71de03c437a3a8eeac6f58bfda53f65.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Remember there are no official discord servers for SL, any one making claims without having the lastname Linden (not display name) is making false claims about being official.

Linden Lab may have thought of them --- but if they did set up a server and put a couple of Linden staff in the server I think they would get boatloads of PMS "Can you fix that, do this..." like what happens in world sometimes. Some MMOs that have Discord their GMs get bombarded a lot.

7 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Is that so?  Well it's a well kept secret as to how to set that up.  They all get a 14 day life when I do them.

1591839171_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2309-48-19.png.a71de03c437a3a8eeac6f58bfda53f65.png

That's the SL notices. Not the Discord link which is what was being talked about. The Discord links expire and have to be replaced with a new link. Why Discord is that way I have no clue. I think it's ridiculous.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That's the SL notices. Not the Discord link which is what was being talked about. The Discord links expire and have to be replaced with a new link. Why Discord is that way I have no clue. I think it's ridiculous.

Discord links only expire if you don't specifically set them not to. You can edit them to never expire, so they can be added to HUDs as links (we have the link to the Catwa Discord server on the HDPRO HUDs' settings tab, for example).

discord01.png.b70c7b1691804a7cb898e3d0f84ec76d.png

discord02.png.b8ad52d009e87f8ff6a3ca0242e95bb2.png

discord03.png.1e0c86774608945200e20c26989e6fd5.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Discord links only expire if you don't specifically set them not to. You can edit them to never expire, so they can be added to HUDs as links (we have the link to the Catwa Discord server on the HDPRO HUDs' settings tab, for example).

discord01.png.b70c7b1691804a7cb898e3d0f84ec76d.png

discord02.png.b8ad52d009e87f8ff6a3ca0242e95bb2.png

discord03.png.1e0c86774608945200e20c26989e6fd5.png

Apparently, a lot of people (like me), aren't aware of this. Or it's a fairly recently added feature. Like maybe in the last couple/three years or so.

I don't much care for Discord so I don't use it even though I have an account. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.