I lost my password and have a new email account

Emma Ravenheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello Emma. If you forgot your password visit the following page and follow the instructions to get it back.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/request.php  It is the password recovery page.

If you forgot your username, you can retrieve it:

1. From your welcome email
  2. From Second Life website

Have in your mind that  if you registered multiple Second Life accounts with the same email address, you will be able to retrieve the username of only your first account. This is a known system limitation.

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

As your password is needed to log in here and post a question, I assume you're talking about an alt account. Unless you have Premium membership on that account, in which case you can use Live Chat, you will have to submit a ticket using a guest account.

Open the main Second Life Home page and make sure you are not logged in under any other account. If you are automatically logged in, log off. Now select the Help Menu > Contact Support then on the next page click Submit a Support case form and that will bring you to this page.

Guest Account 3.JPG

Note it asks you to provide an email account for Support to contact you so you can insert your new email address here. Use Account > login issues, provide your avatar name and describe what has happened and request a new password. You will no doubt be asked for the answer to the security question you put down when setting up that account before being issued with a new Password. Be prepared to wait weeks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.