Quick clarification ... splitting parcel and re-naming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure I am correct in my thinking.

Suppose I have a 4096m2 square 64x64 parcel with 1406 prims that I have named XYZ for searching purposes, and split it into two 2048s, each 32x64.

I know I can rename each of the new 2048s each with 703 prims (or leave one the original XYZ and name the other ABC, for example), but are they considered two parcels? Can they have individual pictures in their parcel info? More importantly ... Can I list one in search and one not in search?

I think that's right, but want to make sure to not make yet another unforeseen mistake. Thanks! :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

38 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Not sure I am correct in my thinking.

Suppose I have a 4096m2 square 64x64 parcel with 1406 prims that I have named XYZ for searching purposes, and split it into two 2048s, each 32x64.

I know I can rename each of the new 2048s each with 703 prims (or leave one the original XYZ and name the other ABC, for example), but are they considered two parcels? Can they have individual pictures in their parcel info? More importantly ... Can I list one in search and one not in search?

I think that's right, but want to make sure to not make yet another unforeseen mistake. Thanks! :)

Show the property lines.  If you truly split them into two parcels, then they are two individual parcels. Thus each can have their own name, description, picture, search settings and other settings -- all via their own Land info window.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.