Cheap mesh bodys?

SimplyJiwoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd say the path of least resistance to finding clothes and skin for a body would be Maitreya because of its ubiquitousness.

If you want a cheaper option, you can look into LucyBody. It fits Maitreya clothing and Slink shoes pretty well.  There's a free one you can get via the Midnight Mania board.  Give it a slap, wait for the target to be reached, and it'll be delivered. It's BoM enabled and you'll need to buy the BoM relay for L$197.  Most modern skins have moved to BoM so they should work.  Applier HUDs are becoming old tech.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 6

I also would not recommend Kalhene Erika - at least, right now and at its current price point. There are very few creators that make clothing for it and it's only a couple hundred Linden cheaper than the Maitreya. At that point, you might as well go for Maitreya.

Not sure if this is the Ruth both you had, but a good free body is G&D's Ruth 3.5 - I found it fit Maitreya clothes decently well, though I sometimes needed to use the included alpha. I don't think it is applier compatible however. If you are open to it, I would advise looking into BoM skins as that is what seems to be most supported nowadays. 

Otherwise, I would recommend going for Maitreya. My go to recommendation used to be Kalhene Anya, but now that it has increased in price (and is bundled with another product), the price point is no longer so cheap anymore in comparison. Last Black Friday, Maitreya was running a sale in their store that included a discount on bodies. Of course, they might not run it again this year but if you're looking to purchase it for cheap, you could wait until then to see if it will be discounted again this year.

Edited by simplemint

25 minutes ago, simplemint said:

Hard disagree. I found it impossible to get a nice head shape with that one, and they restricted the permissions a bit (mostly just no-transfer, but some parts they made no-mod which makes them unusable if you want to change your shiny factor ) My recommendation would be either the RC4 directly from RuthAndRoth (does not have alpha-cuts so you will need to get some alpha layers to fix 'holes') or the RC3 (that has the alpha cuts) which you could get from a variety of places.

12 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

I suggest Kalhene ERIKA .

Firm no on that. It's brand new, there's almost no clothing support for it yet and it is not cheap, it's only barely cheaper than Maitreya. If you can afford Erika, get Maitreya.

4 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

I believe the TMP Classic.. or Legacy classic.. whatever they are calling it is still 1L.

Its a nice body, but less clothing options then a Mait.. but 1L is pretty close to free

This is a good option. There are still some clothes on sale that fit TMP (note you need to be looking for clothing listed to fit TMP, not Legacy).

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'd say the path of least resistance to finding clothes and skin for a body would be Maitreya because of its ubiquitousness.

If you want a cheaper option, you can look into LucyBody. It fits Maitreya clothing and Slink shoes pretty well.  There's a free one you can get via the Midnight Mania board.  Give it a slap, wait for the target to be reached, and it'll be delivered. It's BoM enabled and you'll need to buy the BoM relay for L$197.  Most modern skins have moved to BoM so they should work.  Applier HUDs are becoming old tech.

This is the best option. Lucybody fits Maitreya clothes so you can wear almost anything. Note with the midnight mania that it rarely hits target on the same day, but it does not re-set at midnight like most do - they keep it running until target is reached. So it may take two or three days to get it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

I believe the TMP Classic.. or Legacy classic.. whatever they are calling it is still 1L.

11 hours ago, Ellie4024 said:

I'd vote tmp classic until you can get a maitreya.

I don't know if TMP Classic got fixed but just under the left knee around the whole circumference is this nice break in the mesh. if you can still find TMP content (not anything labelled "classic avatars" as that refers to the system body) it's not the worst low cost body to tide yourself over till you can get something better. However i agree Lucybody is a better solution if you want an easy to dress body for its Maitreya clothes/Slink shoes compatibility

maalt_001_edited.jpg.78f9faa08bb0c4ae5a51acf1b87ca20f.jpg

• Like 2

I think that is not fixed, and that Meshbody has only fixed their Legacy bodies. But for 1 L, is is still a deal. And you have to zoom in that way to find it. For everyday use, it is certainly to live with.

The freebie body can wear rigged nails and rings for Legacy, and also shoes up to the ankle. The legs is so different from Legacy that boots will not fit.

I could wear some clothes with the freebie body. But if the intention is to be a beach babe, the bikinis and bathsuits are an impossible fit. One has to look for TMP clothing (that look outdated) or maybe there is one merchant that makes clothes for the 1 L body. I haven't found it.

For a more modest look, the 1 L body work fine. It even fits well in the front with Legacy, but some of the back must be covered.

But it became too much of a hassle for me. When Maitreya had a sale, I bought that body for my alt who used the 1 L body. I have only so much time for SL, and it is too short to hunt for clothes that are either looking outdated, or only fits if they cover the back and the waist.

Buying a Maitreya pays itself if you use the Weekend sales and gifts. The Marketplace has loads of very cheap items for Maitreya.

Edited by Marianne Little
typos

Maitreya Lara is the most popular female body, and has a lot of clothing and skins available. In survey's it's usually followed by Belleza Freya, TMP Legacy, Slink Hourglass, Ebody curvy, Slink Physique, Altamura, Belleza Isis, Sking, Signature Alice.

I use Belleza Freya and I'm satisfied with it. Most creators make for it too. Only rarely there's something 'maitreya only' that I really, really wish I could have.

Like mentioned before the free TMP body (for 1L$) has limited clothing and options. But for newbies it is good for trying, and learning how mesh bodies in general work, in case you don't want to buy a more expensive mesh body right away. Good luck!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Aegir Giha said:

Maitreya Lara is the most popular female body, and has a lot of clothing and skins available. In survey's it's usually followed by Belleza Freya, TMP Legacy, Slink Hourglass, Ebody curvy, Slink Physique, Altamura, Belleza Isis, Sking, Signature Alice.

I use Belleza Freya and I'm satisfied with it. Most creators make for it too. Only rarely there's something 'maitreya only' that I really, really wish I could have.

Like mentioned before the free TMP body (for 1L$) has limited clothing and options. But for newbies it is good for trying, and learning how mesh bodies in general work, in case you don't want to buy a more expensive mesh body right away. Good luck!

It's changed more to be Lara, Legacy, Kupra, Freya.   Freya has lost some ground to Kupra since Freya is outdated with no update in sight.  Some info here...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's changed more to be Lara, Legacy, Kupra, Freya.   Freya has lost some ground to Kupra since Freya is outdated with no update in sight.  Some info here...

According to Belleza's FB, they've recently hired new staff/managers, updated their logo, and have said they are working on updates.. just no eta currently. So there's.. maybe some hope for people there?

• Like 1

Good news! I have asked people at Belleza. Tricky is working on updating the Belleza bodies. It's been delayed because of RL issues, not under his control. But I was assured that updates are in the works!

Great! I remember with the bento-updates Belleza was later than other bodies too, but eventually it came!  I love the body so I'm glad I won't have to switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aegir Giha said:

Good news! I have asked people at Belleza. Tricky is working on updating the Belleza bodies. It's been delayed because of RL issues, not under his control. But I was assured that updates are in the works!

They've been saying the same thing since forever. And considering they are still selling it and there's some level of support left, they can't really say anything different. Telling people "nope, no more updates, ever" would kill whatever remaining income and support they have left.

That said I'd rather have it being updated, than not. I might not care for either, but I've seen people making freya body "work", while kupras are... ugh, regardless of their shapes. For my tastes at least, everyone entitled to their own opinion, of course.

---

Edit:

As for the cheap bodies - as already mentioned - maitreya. Saving on clothes, shoes, accessories will be far more than whatever is possible to save on the body itself.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 7:48 PM, SimplyJiwoon said:

Just found out my ruth body dose not work well with clothing and I can't you skin appliers on it, I need Any mesh bodys that can use  skin appliers and fit clothing ❤️

i think you need to overthink your descission .. is it the body or missing experience ?
... it doesn't work with appliers because it uses BOM... and that is a excellent new method for adding skins.
You were pointed on that in your previous post.
You also got clothing advices there to try

Any other cheap body, or brandnew body, will give the same, if not more, trouble.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

yes, exactly. Except it is not cheap.... : 9

From all the GOOD and very well supported options it's the cheapest tho x3 

So it is "cheap" but usually when people ask in SL for cheap stuff they mean free, free bodies or nearly free ones are plenty out there...but people also expect support for those, and being straight up honest about that...they won't find it. So having a free body and well supported is no combination you can find out there. Period.

And someone else was saying kalhene Erika which is not "cheap" either by that measurement  btw. And it's not so well supported at this moment so I just gave advice from my point of view. 

Want many clothes and skin options? Go with Maitreya that's all I said. You will rarely find a store that is not supporting it. I could link her many free bodies but this would not feel right since she seemed unhappy about the clothing choices.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
Argh typos x3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

yes, exactly. Except it is not cheap.... : 9

You can get a Maitreya skin and a whole wardrobe for a few hundred §L. But your cheap body is not supported, so you can't find any gifts for it, or offers in the weekend sales.

And you are guaranteed to get more gifts for Maitreya in future events, like when stores have anniversary sales. Or Blueberry or Addams give out free gift cards.

A free body is more for the person who want just a few outfits, and are happy searching until they find them.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.