How do you become a vampire but NOT Bloodlines?

LindsayLovely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,  for some reason I can't figure out where or how you become a vampire w/o playing bloodlines.  The game is just a huge money trap.  I just want to be a casual vampire and be able to bite and drink blood.  I'm not even really looking for a clan.  I just want to be able to live as a vampire inworld.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Should be able to find some vampire RP without a paid HUD along with it. 

Gabriele Graves is a perfect example of really great roleplayer who happens to roleplay a vampire in SL, and doesn't use any sort of HUD system. She doesn't seem to post on the forums any more, but, she does post in SLU, I think, if someone  here has that link.  Or maybe you could IM her in world, though I hate to offer up someone else's help without having asked them first.

Or just search for vampire sims and go exploring - go on an alt, so if anyone becomes aggressive about recruiting you, it won't  matter.

Just search for some fangs, and some goth skins.

I've got fangs from a neko kit that I've worn for 2 years now. Goth stuff if everywhere as a lot of people haven't gotten over high school yet. ;)

The place I got my fangs from is gone now though - its maker still exists in SL but seems to have shifted to making 'sex toys'. o.O

Well, the best way is to open Search, then goto Groups and look for vampire groups.  Bloodlines is something of a pain in SL, since they act as if they were the ONLY vampire group in existence.  Hint: they aren't.    Group searching can wind you up with other people who just want to be vamps and don't want to play the games that the big name families seem to love so dearly.

Of course if you REALLY are interested in Vampiry in Second Life, the Internal Revenue Service has its own sim in SL.  Face it, they're the experts.:matte-motes-silly:  :smileyvery-happy:

I was a vampire in second life for about a year without even using bloodlines :).  If you like combat and rp try COLA or Crossroads.  Oh my sis is actually a leader of a vampire clan hehe.  Give me an IM if your interested in joining.  No need for bloodlines ;)

• 4 weeks later...

well, the point of becoming a vampire attends to multiple questions...

i'm a evil creature myself, ao, the point is living in a world surrounded with others like me, 

i have searched before all over SL and i didnt found a spot were lots of ppl looked dark/vamp/evil, even the sims that held bloodlines "families" are islands with flowers, or the avatars look pretty human and cute....

Then, AdEternum appeared, dark decors, evil avatars, plenty of people, plenty of fun....

yes, bloodlines comes in this, but not mandatory, we use DCS2 as combat sistem as well and not everybody have both of the sistems, the main goal is to be ina evil  RP envoirment and having fun, so, depending on the activities you want to be in, you will need (or not) some specific tools, the best part is: everyone helps everyone there, it have evn a free shop to help you improve your dark charachter! and abbout the huds, tools or RP stuff, im pretty sure that if you go in that wave someone will gift them to you...

it worths to check it out!

here:

find me in world for a LM

I know this is probably a late reply, but it may still help you.

As a vampire roleplayer, I HATE Bloodlines. They whole thing is a money racket. That point aside...I have used simple roleplaying tactics as well as DCS combat system. I know that sounds odd but there are some sims that are vampire friendly and encourage using DCS when biting. Infact on my own parcel of land, I have DCS activated so that one can bite and gain blood using this combat system. Other than, just roleplay it out. I sometimes use Bloodlines, but not much. The thing is annoying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

There is a separate (and free) simulation in world. It is clled the Community Combat System (also known as CCS within SL). You download the HUD and weapons material, and select your avatar style (vamp, angel, lycan, whatever). I'm not exactly sure how it all works, but you could likely find the sim through the destination search feature in world.

Hope this helps.

Bloodlines can be fun IF you know exactly what you're getting into before hand

I myself don't really hunt, (and those who send bite request spam, and clans that soul gather just for numbers and don't take care of their charges are two major pet peeves of mine)  what I DO do is just hang out at the Bloodlines main hub and just talk to the "fresh victims" when they TP in, answer what questions I have, and generally share my experiences with the game and the ins and outs

I've sent a few newbies running after I explain how Bloodlines works and they decided that they want no part of it, but I'm glad I did cause they were brought there by a few unscrupulous individuals who wanted souls and nothing else

on the other hand I've also had a fair share of newbies say that they may just come back for a second look after they have a bit more experience with second life as a whole and a few more lindens in their pocket to spend on such a game (say what you will about how the system works, but Mars Bracken makes some quality items, even his non Bloodlines stuff)

that said for non-bloodlines RP there are tons of options out there, I believe Something Spunky makes fangs and bite animations that are compatible with BL but work outside of it as well

• 1 month later...

OF course you can RP a vamp.  ;p;  

lot of good material here in some of the posts.  There are sims that can offer vamps with out bloodlines.  I currently Co-own a RP sim and were  we are vamps and not part of the blood lines system, its all complety RP.  THe Sim is called Dravendore.  Feel free to ask me any questions about being a vamp or the sim.  Send me a line in game  *Bows*

WIth Honor, Lobo Sirnah

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello. First of all, this really isn't as difficult everyone is making it. Maybe its been bad info from the Reapers I have no idea. Anyway. Hope this helps some of you! I am a Bloodlines Blood Doll for a Popular Clan. I have been with them for over a year and a half and adore them all. The Queen is my best friend, were almost like sisters...even in rl. My point here is. Most vampire clans have vats of blood you can tap into, so you don't have to hunt. If you do not want to be a vampire right away, and want to check it out first, become a blood doll. People can bite you, and you just replenish yourself with apples from the orchard. They are 10L. I have not spent one penny in my clan other than in shops that I choose to buy things in so I don't know what you all are doing with the fees. Strange. Be careful who you trust first of all guys, there are alot of wonderful good people on here that will help you. However, as in rl, therer are ones who are not so nice and like to play you. Just treat it like you would in rl, you will find it alot easier to navigate. Lastly, after celebrating my 2nd year on SL I say ENJOY IT! When you drop the drama, and just enjoy yourself, it opens up worlds you cannot even imagine! Peace!!

Karalynn aka Alaskan Angel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.