Viewer won't start, where to go?

Isablan Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In the past few days my viewer (latest version) will not start. There isn't a way to file a support ticket for this problem. I've updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my machine and still the viewer just hangs.  Does anyone have any ideas on next steps? 

Windows 10 Home. 

thanks! 

3 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Isablan Neva said:

In the past few days my viewer (latest version) will not start. There isn't a way to file a support ticket for this problem. I've updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my machine and still the viewer just hangs.  Does anyone have any ideas on next steps? 

Windows 10 Home. 

thanks! 

You didn't say which viewer you are using - whether it's a 3rd party viewer like Firestorm, or the standard LL viewer.  Either way, you might want to take a look at this Problems During Startup info from the Firestorm wiki.  If you are using the LL viewer, things will be similar to as described in the wiki page, but PC file directories named as "Firestorm" or "Firestorm_x64" would be named as "SecondLife" on your PC

Also it's helpful, if the viewer is hanging during startup, to let us know where in the process it is hanging (what progress info is displayed on the screen when it hangs, or just before it hangs).  That can help pinpoint where the process might be running into issues.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Isablan Neva said:

In the past few days my viewer (latest version) will not start.

Be specific.

When you say "will not start" do you mean you dont even get to a login screen, or do you mean that you do but then can't log in successfully?

If it's the former then your graphics drivers are the cause, no opengl means no viewer of any kind .. which implies your laptop has integrated intel graphics .. and you need to follow this page -> https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/intel_vfs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.