Removing old purchases from Marketplace history?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been shopping on the Marketplace since it opened. And my purchase history is bloated.

I can not get a redelivery unless I search it up in my Order History. And that has become almost impossible. It ends with a 502 error.

I have tried to find out how I can clear all the demos and items that's no longer for sale from my Order History. Is it possible?

Or at least, could not LL change the Marketplace so we can get the redelivery straight from the Item page? It says "Automatic redelivery" there to the right. Could not the "Redeliver item" be placed there, instead of searching it up in the Order History?

eep co.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 1

If you look at the product page for an item you've purchased, there's a line at the top which says something like "You purchased this item on May 10th, 2017". That date is a link. If you click it, it will open your order history for only that specific date, so it loads easily and you can easily find the thing you want redelivered.

But yes, I do agree that having a redelivery button on the product page is a better solution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

If you look at the product page for an item you've purchased, there's a line at the top which says something like "You purchased this item on May 10th, 2017". That date is a link. If you click it, it will open your order history for only that specific date, so it loads easily and you can easily find the thing you want redelivered.

But yes, I do agree that having a redelivery button on the product page is a better solution.

@Maitimo, I am sure that on your back is a pair of shining wings! 💝

You saved me, again!

But I am reminded of another thread here... about a pop-up from Social Island, where it is a lot of remarks about how people should, or would "click around until they found the button". Well, I have purchased from the Marketplace since 2010, and never thought to click around on the text to find out if it is a link.

So I did not click around on on the blue line to find out if it could do something, @Quartz Mole

Two different stories, but it is amazing how many that think everyone will find out things just by giving them time.

And even if the date is in a slightly different color, I had not noticed it before Maitimo pointed it out for me. Bad eyesight or just that I do not expect anything to be there?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It ends with a 502 error.

Happens to me all the time when I go to Transaction History on the MP. I usually hit the back button and then the Transaction History link again, one or two times, and then the list appears. Search usually works immediately, although it may require a second attempt once in a while.

These pages have always taken ages to load. Even though the extra clicks are slightly annoying, it's not significantly slower.

27 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Absolutely this. I would imagine it would take away from the numerous, resource-intensive database queries that are needed to generated these history lists too.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

Holy crap --- I never knew that either.   Why does LL not make those sorts of things a bit more obvious?  I never understood why DATE was not one of the available Search fields in the Order History anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.