Does anyone make alpha masks for hire?

Semirans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did search this forum for other topics first. So I buy mesh blanks and in many cases the creator does not provide an alpha mask.  I just recently understood the utility of these for the people using BOM on their bodies. I know the principle behind making an alpha and managed to hack my way into making a very basic one for some high waist pants, but the necklines on some of my mesh that clips thru would take me days of frustrating trial and error to get them to work. It wouldn't be so hard if the mesh blanks followed the exact lines on the UV maps for the body :)

Anyway, is there anyone that does this? (i've inquired of a couple of the creators of the mesh I need alphas for, but some of them no longer log in.)

On 7/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, Semirans said:

I did search this forum for other topics first. So I buy mesh blanks and in many cases the creator does not provide an alpha mask.  I just recently understood the utility of these for the people using BOM on their bodies. I know the principle behind making an alpha and managed to hack my way into making a very basic one for some high waist pants, but the necklines on some of my mesh that clips thru would take me days of frustrating trial and error to get them to work. It wouldn't be so hard if the mesh blanks followed the exact lines on the UV maps for the body :)

Anyway, is there anyone that does this? (i've inquired of a couple of the creators of the mesh I need alphas for, but some of them no longer log in.)

There are a few packs of full perm alpha textures in the MP.  Just search full perm alphas.  It's a start and you can tweak them as needed.

Like this pack

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LBD-BOMSystem-Alpha-Layers-Full-Perm/18683103

Thank you for the link.  I did try that route before asking for help on the forums.  I am not really adept enough at PS to be able to make the adjustments.  I spent 6 hours trying to get the back neckline "fixed" and then said, this is a ridiculous waste of time and I am sure someone can do it faster and with less stress.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.