What do you do on Second Life?

11 minutes ago, Blackjack Cioc said:

Describe your role in sl society, excluding builders, scripters and stylist; their existence is obvious. 😉

I am a Consumer, primarily -- I buy, buy, buy -- and play Barbie Dress-Up.

I also do a little bit of exploring, dabble a tad with creating stuff, sometimes listen to live performers, and off & on I do hunts in SL.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackjack Cioc said:
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

and off & on I do hunts in SL.

Interestingly, where do you go?

See this web page:  https://huntsl.com/  and sometimes this one:  https://slhunts.wordpress.com/

There are a few others that don't get listed on either of those pages, but inworld store posters will either provide a URL or a notecard with info.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

foolonthehill.thumb.jpg.3d9de33e7dfd8f43847bbe0cd8f342ab.jpg

Not sure if I find that too funny. We pretty much lost our house in the insane floods a few days ago, 30 miles away from that photo.

013.jpg

EDIT: As some people, according to their smileys, seem to be a bit confused, I'll give some more background.
The photo of the flooded village, that was used as a meme earlier, seems to come from the news. Over the past couple days and ongoing, Western Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium were hit by one of the worst floods ever. In Germany alone, casualties count around 150 bodes by now - dozens and dozens more missing and probably dead, as well.
Unfortunately our inherited vacation home was hit hard by the flood, too. We inherited the precious house from the 1920s and the surrounding gardens and field from my grandparents and share it amongst the entire extended family. We were going to rent out parts as an apartment to tourists and thus renovated the house.
We had JUST finished renovating it with everybody's pension for almost half a million €, when the flood hit the village. A man died in that village, every neighbor lost parts of their homes. The carpenter neighbor, who did our new apartment, lost both his home, garden and his huge carpentry shop. Half of his carpentry shop "swam" a mile down through backyards and piled up as tons of heavy debris in our backyard. We ourselves lost the entire brand new kitchen, furniture, walls and floors of our new rental apartment, our basement and everything on the ground floor of the "Old house".

The car you can see on my photo isn't even ours. It was swept over from miles away and got stuck with the rubble in one of our trees. We found an entire house roof, solar panels and tons of construction wood in our backyard.

Edited by Michael Blackwood
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 9

19 minutes ago, Michael Blackwood said:

Not sure if I find that too funny. We actually lost our house 30 miles away.

013.jpg

Well, at least you're not in Arizona! Want to switch properties? I'll take yours as-is if I can go there right now. I'm sure in time I can begin to eventually understand the central and eastern European mindset.

IMG_20210522_063053175.thumb.jpg.e2112a4730db27194966bc2f14047d18.jpg

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Blackjack Cioc said:

STOP please 🙃 return to topic of post 

I was just illustrating which hill I'm up today. But we fools move all around, that's what we do.

1840384717_0-thefool.thumb.jpg.4b202602a0f28bdf06ab5f977ff652dc.jpg

Edited by Chroma Starlight

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No!

Sounds exclusionary, I am offended! 

921DF2B2-6F73-4020-8333-51C2381424FB.jpeg

I would like to discover new activities about which little is said, thanks for the work that you creators do for the SL community. 😘

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure, I do so many different things. 

• Photography enthusiast.
  • Consumer.
  • Occasional mentor.
  • Blog manager.
  • Seducer and despoiler.
  • Protagonist.
  • Antagonist.
  • Farmer.
  • Mad driver.
  • Mole-bear collector (I only got 1 so far, though).
  • Retired community constable.
  • Laziest store owner/creator ever.
  • Tea-proselytizer.
  • Landlord.
  • Metal club host (on a break, though).
  • Son, brother, and father.
  • Bowling champion.
  • Othello-playing Devil.
  • Vampire.
  • Critic.
  • Retired editor.
  • Occasional dungeon master (oi, not that kind of dungeon).
  • Occasional dungeon master ( .. Of that kind of dungeon).
  • Creepy clown man.
  • Media mogul of my sister's club (although it's mostly just a fancy title for 'janitor', alt. 'person who hides goats all around the place to let my sisters know I still walk among the living').
  • Congregation-less cult leader (well, there are two passive members).
  • The littlest weight-lifting champion you ever saw.
  • Pirate.

I probably missed a few, but, eh. Take your pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Simple for me to say. Photography, Art and Sex. Also sim building, with a focus on the Island.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

I thought the point of SL is that we didnt need a role if we didnt want one.

In my opinion, whether we like it or not, we develop roles. It's not always obvious though. One person may be telling a story through their SL, so that makes them an author. That would not be apparent. Another may simply be here to explore. That makes them an explorer. It's very individual and complex.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Darklotch said:

I just observe.

observer-review.jpg

LOL. You'll find SL less stressful that way!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Michael Blackwood said:

Not sure if I find that too funny. We pretty much lost our house in the insane floods a few days ago, 30 miles away from that photo.

013.jpg

EDIT: As some people, according to their smileys, seem to be a bit confused, I'll give some more background.
The photo of the flooded village, that was used as a meme earlier, seems to come from the news. Over the past couple days and ongoing, Western Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium were hit by one of the worst floods ever. In Germany alone, casualties count around 150 bodes by now - dozens and dozens more missing and probably dead, as well.
Unfortunately our inherited vacation home was hit hard by the flood, too. We inherited the precious house from the 1920s and the surrounding gardens and field from my grandparents and share it amongst the entire extended family. We were going to rent out parts as an apartment to tourists and thus renovated the house.
We had JUST finished renovating it with everybody's pension for almost half a million €, when the flood hit the village. A man died in that village, every neighbor lost parts of their homes. The carpenter neighbor, who did our new apartment, lost both his home, garden and his huge carpentry shop. Half of his carpentry shop "swam" a mile down through backyards and piled up as tons of heavy debris in our backyard. We ourselves lost the entire brand new kitchen, furniture, walls and floors of our new rental apartment, our basement and everything on the ground floor of the "Old house".

The car you can see on my photo isn't even ours. It was swept over from miles away and got stuck with the rubble in one of our trees. We found an entire house roof, solar panels and tons of construction wood in our backyard.

I'm so sorry to have heard about your awful experience, and that of your neighbours.  I hope you will all have help rebuilding at least some of what you lost.

As for the topic - I haven't got a role, I'm just me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Retired Manger of the largest airport in second life and moderator of two annoyingly Large and occasionally drama addled groups. Demon to some, Angle to others. Deep Dragon in One place, Priestess of Sekhmet in another, Pilot and Ship's captain. My many faces and occupations in the crazy world of second life are as wide as the experiences we can enjoy. 

• Like 4

• Blackjack Cioc changed the title to What do you do on Second Life?