Want to be your roomate!

Michael Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently returned to SL after a very long and necessary break. Unfortunately I often find myself rather lonely now, because most friends left SL or have moved on.
So I decided, that instead of renting a skybox or a house of my own (and ending up lonely in there, as well) why not find a friendly person to live with as roomate.

Therefor I am looking for you to share your home with me! I want to be your roomate!

I am fairly easy-going, low maintenance, and I don't have too high expectations. We can become friends and hang out together, or just live side by side and come & go - either is fine.
We can share every room or each have our own room(s) / area - either is fine, too.
I also don't care much if it is an apartment or a house, small or huge. It would be awsome if it was on a developed sim or an urban RP sim, but it's by no means necessary to me.

At first, I will most likely spend quite some time at the new home, given that I don't really have many reasons to go elsewhere, yet and currently work from home in SL, as well.

Needless to say that as your roomate, I will pay my part of the rent!

If you're up to the challenge, send me a PM or an IM inworld! Looking forward to hear from y'all! 🙂

• Like 2

For my part I like having my home to myself. In RL I have had many roommates, all of them nightmares, and now I live alone, for the last 7 years and love it. I would never have another roommate in RL, or SL. You never know who or what that other person will bring into your life and home. It's not worth the risk.

• Like 1

This might sound strange but you don't actually need a home in SL. Having a home is for more or less entertaining people and engaging in things privately. If you don't do adult things then there isn't really a need for it. Find something you like to do, perhaps you like the sounds of waves? Go to a beach and let that be your outdoor office. There are cafes around you can work from and get to know people. There are places you can rent your own space for L$40/week. So there isn't a need to have a place where you share with people. If you want someplace out in the open to talk to someone, you can try merely finding a park or a place to talk to others. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bruno Darkheart said:

This might sound strange but you don't actually need a home in SL

Pretty sure he is looking for the social interaction here more than a place to call home. I get it, i dont have a home as yet either but would love a roommate situation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Pretty sure he is looking for the social interaction here more than a place to call home. I get it, i dont have a home as yet either but would love a roommate situation.

You got it right. Why don't you toss me a message if you're in the same situation? That is, if you're interested, of course!

• Like 1

@Michael Blackwood @Ayeleeon

i have a lovely room in some friends' house, it's a pity their online time doesn't match so well with mine and wouldn't mind to split rent to have one more place, along that room, and more friends .. if interested drop me an IM (Liv Simondsen)

There is also a female friend of mine that could be interested, we already shared a house but the land has closed and we are looking for another one. 

Edited by Liv Simondsen
  • Like 3

Confused Michael?

The way it works is, we find abandoned parcels, build homes on them which we share with group members.

A whole group of new flat(s)mates sharing places for free.

Just a fun little game/adventure (there is always the risk that we loose some places, when they get auctioned out)

Non-commercial and not to be taken too serious.

Edited by Caroline Takeda
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

I sent him several messages inworld. He didn't respond to the first two, then said please send me a nc, which I did, and he never responded to that. 

Just an FYI to others.

Well, hon, for YOUR info: If you want to use the public forum to name shame someone (a nasty attitude in itself and quite pathetic), stay with the facts, can you?
I did reply to you and told you that I never received your first 2 IMs as they must have gotten lost - a common thing in SL at the moment.

I also told you that I was very busy working and couldn't communicate - and thus asked you to put them in a NC and send them again (so I could read them later and reply when I have time). You declined rudely, ignored my request and announced you'd just "spam" (not your exact words) me by sending them as IMs again, anyway. To which I simply temp-blocked you, as I told you I was busy. THAT is the real story you should stick to. It's a story of you being rude and ignoring when someone tells you they are busy.

If someone doesn't want to talk to you, you should simply respect it and move on, rather than bringing it to a public forum in the most pathetic way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Blackwood said:

Well, hon, for YOUR info: If you want to use the public forum to name shame someone (a nasty attitude in itself and quite pathetic), stay with the facts, can you?
I did reply to you and told you that I never received your first 2 IMs as they must have gotten lost - a common thing in SL at the moment.

I also told you that I was very busy working and couldn't communicate - and thus asked you to put them in a NC and send them again (so I could read them later and reply when I have time). You declined rudely, ignored my request and announced you'd just "spam" (not your exact words) me by sending them as IMs again, anyway. To which I simply temp-blocked you, as I told you I was busy. THAT is the real story you should stick to. It's a story of you being rude and ignoring when someone tells you they are busy.

If someone doesn't want to talk to you, you should simply respect it and move on, rather than bringing it to a public forum in the most pathetic way.

What I said was accurate and factual.

28 minutes ago, Michael Blackwood said:

If someone doesn't want to talk to you, you should simply respect it and move on, rather than bringing it to a public forum in the most pathetic way

SOP for some.  Do hope you find a roomie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Michael Blackwood said:

She did the same thing to me, when I couldn't make time to talk to her in the first 4 days since she messaged me.  She sent me a very bizarre rant then removed me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

To clarify, my post was to let other people know that the OP was unlikely to respond to posts here, for whatever reason. 

Some people lose interest in a topic or idea, and just drop it, or he could have found what he was looking for and just decided not to say so here. I have no idea which it was.

I will not go into what happened between my and a previous poster because that would be inappropriate.

Edited by Annabell Wandsworth
typo

On 8/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, Michael Blackwood said:

I told him I would send him an IM in addition to the the notecard he requested, which I did send. 

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.