Payment Declined Yet my bank says you took my money

YuriSaffizumu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, YuriSaffizumu said:

I made 2 payments both of them where declined and I received 0 lindens however my bank says both payments went through and the money was taken from my bank account and payed to linden lab.

What is going on?

You should contact the billing department.

Billing Department
Our Billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

43 minutes ago, YuriSaffizumu said:

I made 2 payments both of them where declined and I received 0 lindens however my bank says both payments went through and the money was taken from my bank account and payed to linden lab.

What is going on?

If you used the left side of the Buy screen, you should get your L$ right away -- if you did that, then contact Billing as noted above. 

If you used the right side of the Buy screen then you simply placed an order for L$.  You'll see that listed in your LindeX History --  https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/history.php.  You can cancel that order and the money will then show on your account as a USD Balance.  You can then do the Buy L$ again using the left side of the screen.

image.thumb.png.f4ba9c9630795d9c4de8b95b7b02d09a.png

• Like 1

Another scenario to look at, especially as you say the payment was declined - was the amount shown as taken out of your account for each payment the full amount of the payment you made, or was it $1.00, and showing as a pending transaction with your bank?   When a new payment method is added, LL does a 'trial' withdrawl transaction of $1.00 and then reverses it.  If your payment method is a pre-paid card, or even some debit cards, the reversal fails and the payment method is declined.  In this situation, where the transaction was not completed, the $1.00 pending charge expires and is not actually withdrawn from your account. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.