Remote Group invites fail for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently I can only invite another member to join my groups -- If I am on the same sim at the same time -- using either click directly on the other avatar, or start a regular invite.

If I send out an invite, and log off, the member gets a dialog box, but clicking on "join" just clears the box and nothing happens.   I even starting asking for 1L so there would be another confirmation/ box.  

I have tested it all over the place with different groups, and avatars (my alts, and friends) and remote invites never actually work.

Any of the same experience?  Thoughts?

join.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the LL Official Viewer and this has always been how it works for me, it is not a new problem. I have to be online when the group invitation is sent. If I am not online, then I get the invitation, but nothing happens when I click accept.

Incidentally, friend requests work the same. If I am not online, I get the request, but clicking it does nothing.

I asked someone who uses Firestorm and they said that they don't get either of these problems, so it seems to be something with the LL Viewer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anthony Blackwood said:

Incidentally, friend requests work the same. If I am not online, I get the request, but clicking it does nothing.I asked someone who uses Firestorm and they said that they don't get either of these problems, so it seems to be something with the LL Viewer.

This just started for me. But I can live with it.  I do use firestorm.   Might be a setting I screwed up, why I posted.

I opened a ticket and received this response.  

"We are aware of an issue that causes group invitations to sometimes fail unless both residents are online when the invitation is accepted. Our engineers are working on a solution, but we do not currently have an estimated timeframe for when this solution will be implemented. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
In the meantime, you should be able to work around this issue by having both parties (the resident sending the invitation, and the resident who is receiving it) online at the same time when the invitation is accepted.

Good to know and the work-around is not overly painful.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 7:20 PM, Anthony Blackwood said:

I use the LL Official Viewer and this has always been how it works for me, it is not a new problem. I have to be online when the group invitation is sent. If I am not online, then I get the invitation, but nothing happens when I click accept.

Incidentally, friend requests work the same. If I am not online, I get the request, but clicking it does nothing.

I asked someone who uses Firestorm and they said that they don't get either of these problems, so it seems to be something with the LL Viewer.

I am getting the same issue with friend and group requests.  For the friends one, I can accept the friendship offer and the friend will be in my list until I log off and then will be gone when I log back in.  The group invites do not work at all.

I'm using the FS viewer.

32 minutes ago, iBrat said:

I have same and it is an issue since I sent the invite to myself, to have rights on a land owned by an alt. Any solutions yet?

Not that I know of -- when inviting my alts into a group -- I just suffer with the lag of running two avatars, but it works well enough.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.