survey of 5 reasons...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I stopped renting a homestead, which I had for 10 years straight, I just needed a safe place to have some objects permanently rezzed, without worrying that they could unexpectedly disappear. So the 1024 sqm mainland parcel is the only reason.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Finite said:
40 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Well I need to be premium to own mainland, so there is no choice there. I get a larger stipend, being an older account. And I like the priority access to crowded places. I suppose I could get a linden home if I wanted, too. Having an extra animesh attachment can be nice at times too.

oh! is that why? I always wondered why one of mine gets more. I thought it was like promo or something.

Weekly stipend amount is based on the account age:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/premium-membership-r346/#Section__3_2

image.png.126504f85909ee09a559083c1320c54c.png

• Like 1

Its all that everyone said already, more groups...I would not know what to do with only 42 T^T and so on!

And for me its also, the sandboxes, better TPing to packed places etc. 

And one more important reason to pay for premium for me is, I love SL, I love the way I can use easily after work as my creative outlet, and I want to make sure it will stay available a little longer, so I happily try my best to support what I love with being a premium member ^ ^ although at the end I know my little, single portion of money is not making that much of a difference T^T 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tori Nova said:

Access to name change, live chat, stipend, linden home

Oh yes! I had to make an alt premium at one stage there to change his name, that was annoying, it added to the expense. He has a lovely new name though, better than the joke name I gave him back in 2006.

• Like 2

No one has mentioned that you can download the last 3 months of transactions with Premium.  One of the reasons I have it, since my businesses have hundreds of transactions/month, and I am always forgetting to archive them in one month.  This had to be the most cost free Premium perk ever, since LL keeps your transactions forever.  

I had Premium before they added the 1024 mainland option.  Kept the 512 sqm Linden Home as a place to dress and hide my alts - they needed a secret Home.  But I never used the actual LH home.  Just put up a skybox the size of the parcel at 3900 meters in the sky.  This only violated two of the old LH Covenants - largest prim can be 10m, and no skyboxes allowed. One rule was obsoleted in 2011, and the other was arbitrary, and fixed in Bellisseria LH's.  I could build a skybox using 2 LI after they allowed 64 meter prims.

I think the actual annual cost is about $36.60, not $25, if you go for the $99 annual fee, after the 300L/week stipend.  $3 USD/mo is pretty cheap.  Why  do some Premium members think they are so elite, when they pay $3/month to LL?

Premium membership provides the following benefits:

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

I've been Premium for about 3 years. The most useful benefits for me , in order...

• Linden Home
  • Weekly stipend (free money) which if you pay annually for Premium it effectively means the cost of premium is next to nothing
  • Ability to purchase mainland
  • Access to premium-only sandboxes
  • Better customer support

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

in order of importance to me:

Tier free 1024 sqm

L$ 300 stipend

extra groups - I think it's 70, not 60

premium sandboxes

priority access

This, except the Bellisaria home rather than the 1024sqm

• Like 1

Well more or less all of it, although most I do not make use of. Did a year at the old rate quarterly then when the offer to switch to a year I went for it. Took some juggling but stayed with it since. Its a nice incentive to keep making new stuff too. Plus, we have 3 in our little group which gives us a nice shared chunk in a quiet bit of mainland. If a certain corner becomes available, may add a fourth. Its a nice buffer. All my store stuff is on rented parcels so if that gets a bit tight can always move it back but for now - little messy sandbox where half finished junk can lie around until feel like working on it again. An annual is still a fair slice of budget but with timing can save up.

Plus theres always a nice safe home to log in to. So yes, not totally enamoured of the idea that gets regurgitated that we should all be forced to log in to some heaving pit every time =^^=

• Like 2

I love the stipend, extra groups, priority access, and name change but since I'm new to being premium I'll tell you what sold me as a non-business owning resident.... Linden homes and the surrounding areas. So..

Linden homes and the ability to switch them up at no extra cost... whenever you want. Just abandon your land and roll for a new one. If you like changing things up you can.

The beauty and continuity of the residential areas. It's not ugly or garish and it goes on and on. You can visit these if you aren't premium but not sure how many people know how pretty they are. Also sim crossings in linden home areas are so much smoother... if you drive, boat, roller skate ect... It's rare to have problems comparatively.

The stability of knowing my home isn't going anywhere... I'm not at the mercy of paying rent or another resident that decides to up and leave.

I'm also not at the mercy of bad neighbors with ugly screens ect and different land heights ... ugggh. The covenant seems to be well thought out and policed.

I can't rent anywhere and get all this especially once I subtract my spending money (stipend).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackjack Cioc said:

Today it is possible to keep the house and buy 1024qm of mainland without additional taxes?

Not with the majority of the Bellisseria houses - the Linden Home plot is using your tier allowance.   However, if you opt for a Camper, since it is a 512 sqm plot of land, you will have 512 sqm left to use on Mainland if you want.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

I don’t know why I’m not premium. I have been using SL for a while. The price is actually not bad. I buy video games on steam all the time so paying for virtual entertainment is not a problem.I have experienced home ownership by renting and it is enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Land

My original account's L$500 per week stipend

More land

Bigger land

Yet more land

Basically, land (and the stipend) is the only reason for my two premium accounts,  and it's the only reason I need. I don't reach the limit for groups, I don't go to busy events, my IMs hardly ever cap, none of the other benefits interest me, but I love my land and it's way cheaper than renting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

My original account's L$500 per week stipend

my back-of-the-envolope calculation says about 2usd * 52 weeks = 104USD. At that point, LL is paying you to be premium. If you pay them back yearly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

my back-of-the-envolope calculation says about 2usd * 52 weeks = 104USD. At that point, LL is paying you to be premium. If you pay them back yearly.

Would be, except I'm in the UK so I'm paying VAT on top, an extra 20%. Plus the exchange rate between the dollar and the pound is pretty *****ty these days (from this end) so it doesn't work out that way for me, though it does still make Premium pretty cheap. Something like £12 a year. And that saving only applies if you would have purchased those L$ anyway (which I almost certainly would).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I'm in the UK so I'm paying VAT on top, an extra 20%.

You can skip paying VAT if you pay yearly for your  membership

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Value_Added_Tax_(VAT)_Frequently_Asked_Questions

image.png.efed1a9bc7f2edff3004ba20bc1e2963.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I was able to upload mesh before premium, is there some sort of discount on uploads now that I am premium?

You used to need to be premium (or so I thought) to upload mesh, at least at the  beginning.  I was premium before mesh, so I've never noticed, but maybe I misunderstood.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blackjack Cioc said:

Today it is possible to keep the house and buy 1024qm of mainland without additional taxes?

No, but I still benefit from the group bonus on mainland tier.   It's not a lot but everything helps and anything I don't need I can contribute to help friends with their tier.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.