survey of 5 reasons...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Blackjack Cioc said:

List 5 reasons to pay for the premium today 🙃 or explain why you don't get it. 😊

Some of the included benefits are below, but whether or not they matter to anyone is all about personal preference:

Weekly L$ stipend
Linden Home or 1024 sqm of tier to use elsewhere
Random & occasional Premium 'gifts' from LL
Premium only sandboxes & a Premium only racing area
Live Chat & extended Support ticket categories
More groups -- 60 70 instead of 42 (corrected per later comments)
Priority access into crowded events
Ability to purchase Mainland

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Corrected the group number
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Some of the included benefits are below, but whether or not they matter to anyone is all about personal preference:

Weekly L$ stipend
More groups -- 60 instead of 42

Where's the stinkin' badge?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Weekly L$ stipend
More groups -- 60 instead of 42

That pretty much covers it.

• Like 1

I have my own private estate, so I have Concierge Support and don't need a sandbox to build in, or a Linden Home, or land on the Mainland estate. A L$300/week stipend would be nice but income from rents, Marketplace sales, and other work amount to more than enough to cover normal expenses, so it's not a big draw for me.  I'm not a compulsive shopper, so the extra groups and access to crowded regions don't matter to me either.  All in all, Premium membership is a great deal for lots of people but doesn't offer me any more than I already enjoy. (And Linden Lab is getting more from me as a Basic member with region ownership than they would if I paid for Premium, too. Win-win.  😉 )

• Like 2

For me:

1. Being able to purchase (rather than rent from a resident) land.
  2. Access to play around with scripting 'experiences' (You need that to script good teleporters and temp-attach things, I don't have a use-case for KVP yet.)
  3. The "stipend" (actually more of a rebate IMO) makes it quite inexpensive if you do the math and pay yearly.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

extra groups - I think it's 70, not 60

I thought it was 72 slots until I tried adding a 71st group. And you are right.

image.png.35bd9bea486ac027307829dcfead674c.png

For me, the main reasons I pay premium:

having a Linden home or 1024m of free tier

access to premium sandboxes (it's more quieter than the free-for-all public ones)

the weekly L$300 stipend
plus the bonus L$1000 after being active for 45 days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

(it's more quieter than the free-for-all public ones)

Helping haven is a 'free for all' but It's almost always been empty when I've been there. I've not tried the premium sandboxes yet; having my own land basically means I have my own private sandbox anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Helping haven is a 'free for all' but It's almost always been empty when I've been there. I've not tried the premium sandboxes yet; having my own land basically means I have my own private sandbox anyway.

Helping haven, eh? Sounds like a place my non-premium alts would like to check out.  With premium sandboxes, I know Greg and Eddy won't have to worry about random cagers flung about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blackjack Cioc said:

List 5 reasons to pay for the premium today 🙃 or explain why you don't get it. 😊

For me the home in Belliseria was enough, and it's just icing on the cake that I get that stipend as well.

• Like 1

The main reasons I went premium were:

- ability to buy mainland

- free 1024 sqm tier or a free Linden Home 

- stipend (even though it's not much, but there are times when the amount of L$'s I can buy per month is very limited, so knowing I'll have at least 1200 L$'s a month from the stipend is nice)

- premium sandboxes

Premium cost is still less per year than some other entertainment type subscriptions, especially when paid annually.

• Like 1

I honestly only do it for one reason. Well one and a half I guess. 

1. Priority TP into full events.

.5 Stipend is a nice little bonus when you don't want to deposit more $ into the game. I have 3 premiums so it's like a free fatpack a week for one of my avies xD.

I prefer private land over mainland so the property doesn't do much for me. I have a plot but have only been there once since I set it up.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1

Well I need to be premium to own mainland, so there is no choice there. I get a larger stipend, being an older account. And I like the priority access to crowded places. I suppose I could get a linden home if I wanted, too. Having an extra animesh attachment can be nice at times too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Well I need to be premium to own mainland, so there is no choice there. I get a larger stipend, being an older account. And I like the priority access to crowded places. I suppose I could get a linden home if I wanted, too. Having an extra animesh attachment can be nice at times too.

oh! is that why? I always wondered why one of mine gets more. I thought it was like promo or something.

• Like 1

I have a few premiums.

1. Priority teleports
  2. +1024 Tier / Lindy home
  3. Stipend
  4. Occasional live chat support
  5. Um .. yeah .. a sense of community spirit ?

As for the whole list

1LbWPyG.png

I do not care about sandboxes or the gifts, the IM cap would be nice and should be unlimited, more groups  .. eeeeh .. I don't voice in SL

Needed one for my name change, but if I didn't have it at the time there is no way I would go premium just to unlock that. 

Who do we have to poke to get the Private Home picture updated to a new lindy home, and why is the support person sitting in an empty room?

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.