Paid for an item, didn't get it, seller doesn't respond - what are my options?

Arquet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I typically use the method that is requested for by the store owner.  I usually title my notecard something like : Undelivered Purchase - My Name. Inside the notecard, take a snapshot of the transaction or you could just copy and paste it into the notecard as well. This helps them verify the purchase on their end a lot quicker, and get it resent out to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Nova said:

Why don’t you just Skip the notecard method and just IM him?

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

I hate them too - but will do it if requested as preferred method of contact

I just do both anyway, regardless of what they say (unless they specifically say NOT to do a thing).

Write the IM about my issue, add a reference in my IM that I've sent a notecard, copy it all into the notecard (minus the bit about referring to me also sending a notecard because that would be silly), post the IM, and then send the notecard as well.

• Like 2

UPDATE: I got my bed! And it was a vendor issue indeed.

So thanks for your help, everybody!

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

If the creator is running the business on their own with no CSRs maybe they are sick or on vacation or their internet has failed or something like that. I wouldn't worry too much until you've waited a couple of weeks to allow for those things.

See, this is why I wanted to find out when was the last time they logged in - if I see a login every day, then it's unlikely to be something like that, which is useful to know.

57 minutes ago, Finite said:

I'm not sure why vendors don't just make an alt. Have customers send concerns to alt and alt have it setup so that offline messages get forwarded to an email address which is easy to setup. Notecards are kind of archaic and don't they go to your lost and found if you're offline and messages are capped?

Sounds like a great idea to me... Maybe sellers prefer notecards because information can be laid out in a notecard more clearly than in an email?

54 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

I typically use the method that is requested for by the store owner.  I usually title my notecard something like : Undelivered Purchase - My Name. Inside the notecard, take a snapshot of the transaction or you could just copy and paste it into the notecard as well. This helps them verify the purchase on their end a lot quicker, and get it resent out to you.

Yeah, I first sent an IM, then I saw that specific seller wanted notecards, and I do always try and use the method the seller prefers.

29 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Do I get thanks now for bringing this to the store owner's attention?

LOl, is that what happened? If so, yes, thank you so much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I thought it was the Saturday Sale as said in the first post, not the Happy Weekend sale you posted a picture from.

But anyway, a happy end.

Aw, you may well be right. It was a sale, and I bought the bed on a Saturday, so...

I don't really keep track of event names, I just grab the slurls, go in, get out. 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Merchants often reply asap and this feels good.  When somebody does not, meaning he can't for some reason I wouldn't bother him any more.

In the market place my orders list several items have automatic redelivery. 

If this is not the case, in sl the most expensive things cost some dozens of us dollars.  I would buy something else to fill the gap. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.