Why do some clubs make it such a long walk to get in the door?

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I might be projecting here, but I know I feel awkward if I visit a Costco-sized club and have to do a big dramatic open-air hike toward the only 2-3 people in the place.

Clubs might lease giant parcels or full regions in order to support large capacity, but they need to consume most of the space with stuff unrelated to the main club area if they want a cozy space that encourages mingling. Why not make it a signage hallway for upcoming events, cultural cues, and the occasional vendor?

On 10/7/2021 at 4:47 PM, Maitimo said:

The DJs and hosts don't.

I get that but someone is paying for that club and sim, many people buy or rent entire sims build a club but unlike baseball you can build the diamond but like most clubs in SL they may not come and you still have rent to pay soooo now you build a *mall* and entice designers to put a store on the sim some do and some don't. Those stores then pay rent to support the club/sim, if they can make a sale or two they continue to pay rent and stay. The main focus of the sim owner is not really how much the DJ's and hosts make, they care if the venue gets tipped and store sales are made. 

Tricky business.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:56 PM, Rowan Amore said:

It also keeps people from bunching up in the doorway while they rez.  It makes it hard for people to get past them and into the club.  Not that I mind just plowing people over when I walk in but some people take offense.

It's the 9 inch stilettos. They tend to poke holes in avatars when you plow over them. 

Wounds_-_Stabbed.jpg?1517850103

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

they care if the venue gets tipped and store sales are made.

Since the stores aren't owned by the venue owner they don't really care if sales are made since they get no cut of that. Sure more sales means the creators will continue renting but it's not like there aren't other's who could take over shop.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.