How do you use a older skin that don't have an applier for the mesh body and head

DolphinGliderBoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, DolphinGliderBoy said:

I love my old skin. How do you use a older skin that don't have an applier for the mesh body and head.

Can your body and head turn on BoM?

Read the 4 Bakes on Mesh tutorials in this blog. I would actually start with the fourth "Before you do BoM do this first". https://virtualbloke.com/tutorials

Then the third "Activating Bakes on Mesh" to see if your head and body is compatible. If you have problems, scroll down to "Troubleshooting", that can help you with most issues.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DolphinGliderBoy said:

I love my old skin. How do you use a older skin that don't have an applier for the mesh body and head.

Change your mesh body and head to Bakes on Mesh. Most modern ones have a button on the hud to toggle it but if you're using Belleza, there's a free relay in the mainstore. That works just like a button on the hud - wear it, click it and then take it off. If you have Slink, the BOM version is a separate body in the pack, labelled "Redux". 

If you've done it right, your entire body and head should turn red. That's an indication that you're wearing the body and head alphas, which you don't need with BOM. Take them off, and your old skin will be auto-magically applied to the mesh.

It probably looks better on your mesh body than it ever did on the classic one; most of mine did.

The one flaw with old skins is the finger and toenails don't match up with where they should be on the mesh body so you'll have some funky looking fungus on your feet. There are tattoo layers on the MP (some free or at least very cheap) that you can wear over them and tint to match your skin.

Once you've gone BOM, you can dress your avatar just as you did with the classic one, you can wear any system tattoos, beards, clothes etc. You can also carry on using applier tattoos and clothing as well if you want to, combining those over the BOM skin. (Not with Slink though, with that one it's either/or, not both)

The only mesh head that cannot use an old BOM skin is the new EVO-X line from Lelutka (not EVO, those work fine). But EVO-X uses a different UV map instead of the standard SL map. That said, I don't think they have released an EVO-X head for men yet.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.