Land with a partner question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My SL partner and I are looking into acquiring some abandoned land. There's a very large plot that we located and she plans on putting in a request to get a portion of it for us to build a home on.  Since I also have a premium account, and can obtain 1024 of land at no additional cost, I was wondering if it is possible to submit a support ticket to have my 1024 added to the land that she obtains? Whether it would be considered its own separate plot, just joined to the rest or would be considered an actual part of the same plot doesn't matter much to me. I just wondered if it's possible?

53 minutes ago, Bunni Capalini said:

My SL partner and I are looking into acquiring some abandoned land. There's a very large plot that we located and she plans on putting in a request to get a portion of it for us to build a home on.  Since I also have a premium account, and can obtain 1024 of land at no additional cost, I was wondering if it is possible to submit a support ticket to have my 1024 added to the land that she obtains? Whether it would be considered its own separate plot, just joined to the rest or would be considered an actual part of the same plot doesn't matter much to me. I just wondered if it's possible?

Create a group that you both use... Then both of you donate your land tier to the group... then buy the mainland using the buy for group option.  This now becomes Group owned land to which you both donate into.

• Like 3

So we would request the abandoned land for ourselves, in the form of the 1024, donate it to our family group, then purchase more of the abandoned land there for the family group? See it's the whole trying to get the abandoned land thing, because we found a location we like.

Yes, each one of you should open a Support ticket to request Abandoned land, giving the exact coordinates of the piece that you want.  Then when you buy the land from LL -- it will be set to sell only to you.  I don't remember if land is set to a specific seller if you can 'buy for group' or if you have to buy it individually and then deed it to the group.  Do not donate your tier to the group ahead of time in case you must buy it individually first.  If the Buy has the option of 'buy for group' (be sure you have the correct group active first), there will also be an option for 'owner makes contribution' or something like that.  That will then donate the appropriate tier to the group at the time that the land buy for group happens.  If you cannot 'buy for group', then simply buy it individually and then 'deed' it to the group - at that time there will be an 'owner makes contribution' button to click so that the tier goes with the land to the group.

Also, make sure that both of you are OWNER of the Group.  Owners can never be ejected from the group, thus nobody can screw the other (as far as the group goes anyway).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

If you don't already own land in the region, the Linden's are unlikely to sell any abandoned land in the region to you.  At least that's been my experience.  YRMV.

Your best bet is to form the group first, then mention, in the "Can I Haz Abandoned Land" form (and yes, that IS the official name), that you want to buy the land for your group.  MAKE SURE YOU'VE BOTH DONATED ALL YOUR TIER TO THE GROUP BEFORE YOU BUY THE LAND, and that you select "Buy for group".  You should get a screen pop-up that tells you the amount of $L you'll be spending, and that your tier will stay the same -- which should be $0.  If it says the tier will increase, don't click to confirm the purchase as something's gone awry.

ican-haz-chefburger-sounds-likesomething-a-dog-wouldsay-i-can-53673565.thumb.png.9da4c9295964074b2ddc7dc5165d011f.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Also, if you buy land for a group, the tier-counter-machine-thingy calculates it as only 90% of the actual m2.  So essentially you'll get an extra 10%, which would be 204 for the 2048 parcel you plan.  parcels are measured in 16 m2 squares, so you'll only get 192 extra m2.  I'm not sure if you can donate the extra 10% tier before you've bought the 2048 parcel, or if the tier-counter-machine-thingy will only initially let you donate 1024 m2 each.  Therefore, I'd recommend buying the 2048 parcel as planned with the "Can I Haz Abandoned Land" form, then filling out a second ticket for some adjacent 194 m2's worth of land.

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If you don't already own land in the region, the Linden's are unlikely to sell any abandoned land in the region to you.

Unless there is zoning conflicts, they've been pretty lax on that lately, even going as far to offer to cut out a slice of abandoned land from a big parcel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If you don't already own land in the region, the Linden's are unlikely to sell any abandoned land in the region to you. 

they left that rule yéars ago, and i never got a refuse when putting in a ticket.
All depends on where you want it. If they think there's more interest, or lot more to get 1 L$ they put it in auction. (and people that requested can again try to get it too)

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Unless there is zoning conflicts, they've been pretty lax on that lately, even going as far to offer to cut out a slice of abandoned land from a big parcel.

Yeah, I re-read the ticket response:  "Thank you for your support ticket and your patience! When we are selling abandoned land the minimum size is 512 meters unless you already own land on the region. I understand that smaller parcels can happen through resident to resident sales and those that abandon pieces of their parcels. However, we do this to preserve the overall appearance of the land as much as possible. If you would like to buy a 512 meter parcel just let me know!"

about obtaining less than 512m parcels from Linden

on my last land (1024m) I found a 64m and a 32m parcel (disconnected and standalone on my region. I put in a ticket to get both, explaining that I wanted to add to group. And promising to abandon back to Linden (not sell) the 64m and 32m should I no longer want them. Linden sold both to me

on my previous land before that (1024m) I found a 96m on the region.  So I put in a ticket explaining and promising the same. Linden gave me

and when I let the lands go, I kept my promise. Abandoned the 96m and the 64m and the 32m. Sold the 1024ms

not sure if Linden would have cut the 96m out of an existing parcel tho. Linden might do it if the 96m wanted was adjacent to the 1024m. Dunno for sure

Edited by Mollymews
typd

9 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If you don't already own land in the region, the Linden's are unlikely to sell any abandoned land in the region to you.  At least that's been my experience.  YRMV.

I've previously bought abandoned land in a region where I didn't own any other. I think if it's roadside or waterfront, they'll not do it but they might set it for auction instead, in which case you can bid for it. But any other land, they probably will. It's not like there's a shortage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, Maitimo said:

I've previously bought abandoned land in a region where I didn't own any other. I think if it's roadside or waterfront, they'll not do it but they might set it for auction instead, in which case you can bid for it. But any other land, they probably will. It's not like there's a shortage.

FYI - I buy water and roadside land all the time that is abandoned. I’ve only been turned down once and it seemed like the parcel I was trying to get was part of a larger project one of the Lindens was working on. 

Go forth! Buy Abandoned Land! :) It makes the Mainland sooooo much better! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

FYI - I buy water and roadside land all the time that is abandoned. I’ve only been turned down once and it seemed like the parcel I was trying to get was part of a larger project one of the Lindens was working on. 

Go forth! Buy Abandoned Land! :) It makes the Mainland sooooo much better! 

But... but... but... then I would have to give up my Linden Home and it's perfect, the one I have been waiting for since they opened! :(

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

But... but... but... then I would have to give up my Linden Home and it's perfect, the one I have been waiting for since they opened! :(

You could always . . . pay for tier *the horror* and have multiple parcels.

15 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

You could always . . . pay for tier *the horror* and have multiple parcels.

Yeah I do that sometimes, and then sometimes I think that I can't justify the extra expense, and then at some point I change my mind again. Right now I'm in a "no I can't" phase.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.