TEACHERS NEEDED - Hiring Several Positions Left to be Filled!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Arete University is a new HBCU opening soon that is aiming to enhance the virtual skills of our students. Home of the Orcas! We are looking for professionals who want to join us in creating a fun and inviting roleplay college experience. Even though we are a roleplay community we want to provide students with skills they can use to improve their Second Life after graduation, whether that is starting the next major clothing brand, designing a beautifully landscaped community space or singing and dancing. If you have a skill or an activity that you would like to teach at Arete University please fill out our application below! Ensure that your legacy name is spelled correctly as you will be contacted inworld for an interview.

APPLY HERE

We are looking for Professors who can teach the following subjects:

- beYou Professions (Must be certified and assist students who have not signed up for beYou yet):

• beYou Cooking, beYou Law, beYou Medicine

- Beginner & Advanced courses of:

• Landscaping, Interior Design, Basics of Meshing, Creation of Makeup/Skin/Tattoos, Blogging.

- Elective classes for roleplay:

• SL Basics (Helpful tips & tricks), Event Planning, Real Estate.

- We're looking for coaches for:

• Dance, Band, Football & Cheer.

Don't see a subject listed that you would like to teach? Still apply! We want to offer as many courses as we can for our students. And if teaching is not your specialty we are also looking for Admin/Office assistants and day and night security too. While we may be an HBCU, all races and species are welcome and encouraged to apply.

We are also looking for meshers who can assist us in creating school uniforms for our team. If you're interested please contact us inworld: Areteuniversity Resident.

duxcx6eL2ZpUWx1PGgvcJnuNG4xG5BDgyS4NJqk4

3 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

I would be interested except there is no online facility, nothing in your picks, and nothing in your groups. 

Maybe I'm asking for too much?

We're a brand new school that has not opened yet. We are in the process of landscaping and setting up for our first semester :) Positions need to be filled in order to teach students.

9 hours ago, AreteUniversity said:

We're a brand new school that has not opened yet. We are in the process of landscaping and setting up for our first semester :) Positions need to be filled in order to teach students.

The thing is there's a catch-22: you need teachers to teach students, but you also need to demonstrate that you're going to have students and a decent looking sim to attract teachers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

I am a musician , but I'm not sure how much of that translates to SL.  I also DJ in SL.   

What are the requirements?    Voice, text, either, both? 

If you are interested in teaching music you can! We offer both RP and SL skill classes. So if you'd like to teach people how to DJ that's an option we could add. If you're passionate about music and just want to teach music that's also an option! While the school has classes that offer SL skills it's still a RP community to bring together people online :) Also our courses will be offered on sim via voice and text. We'll also have servers set up using Discord to further assist in teaching. If you'd like to go over the details of our school you can reach out to us inworld.

Edited by AreteUniversity

5 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

The thing is there's a catch-22: you need teachers to teach students, but you also need to demonstrate that you're going to have students and a decent looking sim to attract teachers.

If that is a requirement for you to apply then that is your requirement. We have several teachers hired at the moment, but there are more courses we'd like to offer, so the post is to find people who would be interested in doing so. You and any other players who are interested, but want to wait until we're more established you are more than welcome to check out our postings as our semesters continue :D!

So... is this thread and the school project still active? I messaged the AreteUniversity avatar ingame a few days ago and still haven't received any reply. I am potentially, possibly interested, as I have taught subjects before.
I will, however, need more information before I am ready to hit the actual "Apply" button. So if you're interested, please get in touch with me inworld. Thank you! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Mikey Shu said:

So... is this thread and the school project still active?

It's still active, although the 'Dean' had some technical issues yesterday, and they don't seem to manage their official account exceedingly well to be frank.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.