Group tag doesn't work

yuepao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I went to grab the man cave event group gifts at its event sim, but the gifts kept telling me 'You must be displaying the correct group tag!' But I was wearing the exact group tag. I tried clean my cache and try at different days, but still didn't work. Anyone can help me out with this issue?

Thank you

7 answers to this question

8 hours ago, yuepao said:

Hello, I went to grab the man cave event group gifts at its event sim, but the gifts kept telling me 'You must be displaying the correct group tag!' But I was wearing the exact group tag. I tried clean my cache and try at different days, but still didn't work. Anyone can help me out with this issue?

Thank you

We had this problem the last time they were giving away gifts.  The gift giving script appears to be checking your attachments (attachments to your body, not HUD attachments) to get the group that you currently have active.  What were you wearing when you went?   If I went 'invisible' - so only wearing the basic 4 (eyes, hair base, skin, shape) and a full body alpha -- then I could not get the gifts.  It kept saying I need the correct group tag.  If I switched to my normal non-invisible avatar, then I got the gifts just fine.  If I went back to the full alpha and then added an attached item, I was able to get the gifts again.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We had this problem the last time they were giving away gifts.  The gift giving script appears to be checking your attachments (attachments to your body, not HUD attachments) to get the group that you currently have active.  What were you wearing when you went?   If I went 'invisible' - so only wearing the basic 4 (eyes, hair base, skin, shape) and a full body alpha -- then I could not get the gifts.  It kept saying I need the correct group tag.  If I switched to my normal non-invisible avatar, then I got the gifts just fine.  If I went back to the full alpha and then added an attached item, I was able to get the gifts again.

That's just odd.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's just odd.

It is 100% totally odd.  

If I remember correctly, @Chic Aeon was one of the first to post about the problem last time and then with various people experimenting with their attire, we were able to narrow it down a bit.  Before that, I didn't even know that checking attachments was one way of checking for active group - let alone HUD attachments versus body attachments.

• Thanks 1

They're apparently using attachment checking because the event group isn't the same as the land group.

Using the script function llSameGroup() typically requires setting a prim to the group you're wanting to target, but if that prim is over group owned land and doesn't match the land group, then you'd have to set a 0 minute prim return time or use a child prim with the target group and a root prim with the land group, both of which could be undesired.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is 100% totally odd.  

If I remember correctly, @Chic Aeon was one of the first to post about the problem last time and then with various people experimenting with their attire, we were able to narrow it down a bit.  Before that, I didn't even know that checking attachments was one way of checking for active group - let alone HUD attachments versus body attachments.

Yes, that was the theory although I NEVER got it to work there even trying all the things folks suggested. I did get an alt in that could get the gifts (same computer, viewer and settings -- oh my).  So NO CLUE. You would have thought with all the complaints about it that they would have switched to a different script. Evidently not.   Sorry I didn't have the answer. 

I did manage to get maybe two gifts that delivered -- this even after the hoards abated so lag wasn't part of the problem.  But after giving me a couple of gifts the "giver" supposedly the same in all boxes????  wouldn't give out any longer.   Really it was WAY too much work!!!!  Not event going to think about trying.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 12:06 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Thank you so much!! I made myself invisible to avoid lag, didn't know that would cause this problem. And yes it works out when I wear everything on. Got them all now.

Also thanks to everybody who replied to this.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.