Cannot change shape or clothes

Rockwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My avatar should be a tall man, but for the last 3 days it has been a short naked woman.  I try to change the shape back to a man, but get a message that I cannot change shape (or clothes) until my clothes have completed downloading.  I am only 20 days old, and do NOT have many clothes.  I wanted for 2 1/2 hours and still get this message.  Others have given me things to "deruth" and they do not work.  So far I have spent around US$80 in SL (for membership, AO, new skin, shape, hair, etc.) and now I'm stuck like this? 

ALSO, I was lured into SL with the promise of "FREE LAND" (512m), but NOWHERE can I find how to get it.  This was just a false comeon, wasn't it?!  No one I've talked to knows anything about Premium members getting free land (512m) - just free houses (which are not very nice.) 

Can anyone help me with these two things?

Thank you.

Oh boy... why do people don't follow instructions??

Anyways... Premium Membership and promises of Free Linden Home is TRUE. You just need to read the instruction on your account website. Your house is waiting for you.. it is not a lie. With Premium you get a land and a house together for free. If you want just the Land, you get a free tier of 512m but you will still need to search for available land and purchase it. But once you bought that land its yours with no extra montly fee.

Have spent hours searching as the instructions said (yes, I DID read them.  Why do people always assume the worst of others?)  Have found nothing on the mainland that is owned by Governor Linden that is 512m AND for sale.  Thanks for your admonishion, anyway.

Rockwood wrote:

Have spent hours searching as the instructions said (yes, I DID read them.  Why do people always assume the worst of others?)  Have found nothing on the mainland that is owned by Governor Linden that is 512m AND for sale.  Thanks for your admonishion, anyway.

Hello Rockwood. If still after all the instuctions here you can't find your Linden Home, it is suggested to use the Live Chat right now. https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ you will see the option at the right.

So what everyone is saying is that I have to take the house to get the land?  After I accept a house, am I allowed to take it into my inventory and not use it?  I've inspected all the houses and I don't like any of them.  I'll go looking as ya'll have suggested.  Thank everyone for your time and your suggestions.  I appreciate it very much.

Rockwood

You have two choices here:

1. Linden home + 512m + 117 prims allowance. You won't be able to take the house away it's stuck with the land but the 117 prims is not counted on the house prim counts. No need to search for a land or buy it, no monthly fee/tiers.

2. Get your own first 512m of land without monthly fee/tiers but you need to buy it first. You get 117 prims allowance still but your house and whatever you else you put in here will be counted in that 117 prims of yours. Good thing.. you get the house you want, bad thing... your house may be over the prim limit so be careful when you are buying one.. make sure you have enough prims left for your furnitures.

If I were you, i'll take the first one just to get a test with actually owning something in SL without making more commitments.

Rockwood wrote:

So what everyone is saying is that I have to take the house to get the land?  After I accept a house, am I allowed to take it into my inventory and not use it?  I've inspected all the houses and I don't like any of them.  I'll go looking as ya'll have suggested.  Thank everyone for your time and your suggestions.  I appreciate it very much.

Rockwood

No. You get the house with the land. The land is 512sq m2 in Mainland, includes a Linden House (house is 60 prims - you can choose between 4 different themes for it) and also you have the right to use 117 additional prims, to decorate your house. Analytical instructions for the Linden Homes you will get with the following links:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Home-overview/ta-p/700103

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Home-reference-guide/ta-p/700105

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Home-FAQ/ta-p/700101

You get 512 meters worth free tier with a premium membership. 

Like others said, you can do it one of two ways.

If you get a Linden Home, a house comes with it and does not subtract from the total prims you can use on that land. And it's all free. Get your Linden Home on this, Second Life website.

If you would rather own land on mainland and put your own house, then you have to find 512 for sale anywhere and buy it. You do not buy "Governor Linden land," such land is not for sale. On mainland (unless it's a rare mainland such as Bay City) you get 117 prims on a 512 meter parcel of land.

Once you buy that mainland, the tier is free included in your membership so you do not have to pay more than that. Unless  you somehow ended up with a rental from a resident landlord, which sometimes call it buy when you are renting.

If it's really sale land you will be able to right click and BUY on the spot.

I don't know what's going on with your avatar. Can you do anything with it at all?

Rockwood wrote:

Rockwood

No  you cannot remove a Linden house. It's on the land which all belongs to Linden Lab. You get to use the house and land and 117 prims for your own things to go in it.

If you don't like any Linden houses then the next thing to try is to find mainland 512 to buy. Look around and find a good location and price. You can get 512 for 1 Linden $ a meter or less now. You might even try auctions. Just go in before noon PST and look to see if there are any 512 without bids. You can get those really cheap at times. Go in early enough you can go look at the land first.

If you use mainland you get 117 prims total including your house. That is the main drawback. Some people like it anyway since they can choose their own house. Keep in mind it will have to be a low prim house that fits on your land. Go shopping for low prim houses, or get a very low prim skybox and live in the sky. If you live in the sky you can keep ground level for a little garden.

Another tip. While shopping for land, keep in mind the land ratings. Moderate, General, and Adult all have different TOS rules and different permissions for what can or can't happen there (within TOS.) Think about how you might want to use the land before you select your parcel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.