Problems editing my avatar

Rocknhot91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 78 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I need help because I can`t see my avatar when Iam editing it. It's strange because other people can see my avi, even if I log on to another acconunt I can see my other avi editing appeareance but in the main account i cant. I see my avi black or transparent. I tried with another visors but nothing change. Do somebody have any idea about that??? In the pic that i attach im at base male avatar, and likewise it turns transparent, im not wearing any alpha : https://gyazo.com/3d627098e69cbe80f8fb90c7c1d6be44

That is strange. I suggest you go somewhere where you can remove everything that is attached to your avatar, including clothes, hair, shoes, etc. Keep your shape and the body and skin. Edit your avatar, and then replace things one at a time. That way you can figure out what attachment might be causing the problem. It might be a skin, so you might want to remove that too...Good luck.

When you switch into the Appearance panel the images in it are generated by the viewer. They depend on what the Classic aka System Avatar is wearing. Alpha layers can make it invisible. I am unsure how to make it black...

Helena's suggestion is to strip down to JUST the Classic avatar. Then build your avatar back one item at a time while going in and out of the Appearance panel to see what is causing the problem.

This type of question is best asked in the Answers section of this forum. You can search for an answer there then ask the question if no answer is found. Most problems have been encountered by someone before you and an answer is generally already there. So, no wait. Plus the nerds hangout there and they are good at answering tech questions.

Also, when asking a tech question include the information from your viewer's Help->About... Some viewers have known problems. And in some cases graphics drivers have known problems. So, you can spend days trying to fix the viewer or avatar when the problem is something else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 78 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.