Jump to content

Any goths want to be friends?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I am looking for some goths to befriend! I am wanting to have a goth friend group I can explore places with and go to clubs with. Hell, we could even hangout at a castle or graveyard if you want! I am a gothic grim reaper that can take the form of a raven, and in raven form, I have a tophat so people can instantly tell that it is me! So if you see me hoping around, come over to talk to me! You can aslo comment on this post if you would like to be friends, and start a goth friend group with me! I can't wait to explore and hangout with you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to know where goths gather inworld. I've been told to join the alternative music informer group, but everything that was advertised as goth rock, deathrock, batcave turned out to be pop music, rap and hip hop(I'm not kidding), those modern bands that try to imitate the slightly darker side of 80s/90s pop music, some metal and Stuff like HIM and manson. Didn't know it was cool again to pretend being goth, but at least batcave and deathrock used to be a good sign that you actually got what you were looking for and it still is in RL. What happened?

Edited by Tatzelwuermchen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Tatzelwuermchen said:

I'd like to know where goths gather inworld. I've been told to join the alternative music informer group, but everything that was advertised as goth rock, deathrock, batcave turned out to be pop music, rap and hip hop(I'm not kidding), those modern bands that try to imitate the slightly darker side of 80s/90s pop music, some metal and Stuff like HIM and manson. Didn't know it was cool again to pretend being goth, but at least batcave and deathrock used to be a good sign that you actually got what you were looking for and it still is in RL. What happened?

back in the day when everybody was 13/14 years younger than they are now, goth was all over SL. Clothes shops, music venues, roleplays, etc. Heaps of them. Then we all got old

one of my fav SL designers used to make grunge oriented clothes back in the day.  Now they make floral dresses that my Nana would be quite happy to wear, and they make soccer mom outfits which sell quite well these days apparently

so I have nothing to offer you really. Just a commentary on what was. This is not to say that goth doesn't exist in SL today, just that it is not in abundance as it used to be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

back in the day when everybody was 13/14 years younger than they are now, goth was all over SL. Clothes shops, music venues, roleplays, etc. Heaps of them. Then we all got old

one of my fav SL designers used to make grunge oriented clothes back in the day.  Now they make floral dresses that my Nana would be quite happy to wear, and they make soccer mom outfits which sell quite well these days apparently

so I have nothing to offer you really. Just a commentary on what was. This is not to say that goth doesn't exist in SL today, just that it is not in abundance as it used to be

I think I know what store you're talking about, but tbh I don't care much for the fashion anymore(at least for now). Just want to socialize in SL and maybe update my rusty building skills to mesh. And since Corona killed off the local club scene IRL I thought maybe SL could be a substitute...

I left SL a few years ago and got back recently. And that's why I wonder what happened. Back then you looked for deathrock or batcave and found a club that at least played the radio station classics like Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, Christian Death and so on. But it seems like those terms got appropriated, too. *sigh*

Edited by Tatzelwuermchen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Club End Of Days used to be good, but I haven't been there in ages so I don't know what sort of music they play these days. But fashions change and people move on.  "Goth" doesn't mean the same thing now as it did in the 1980s. You're more likely to hear at least mainstream stuff like the Cure and Sisters of Mercy at an 80s club than at a modern goth club.

It's not really a SL-only thing, it's a "this is how music genres have evolved over the decades" kind of thing.

And all those old former 1980s goths are likely spread out over a variety of other clubs and genres, depending on whatever else they like besides goth. For me its classic rock, blues and jazz.

I miss Bronx Elf and her old club Gothika.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Club End Of Days used to be good, but I haven't been there in ages so I don't know what sort of music they play these days.

   Mostly EBM when I've gone. But I don't go there much, most of the time people appear to be AFK farming the 'sploder. And the whole 'meh, people' thing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

You're more likely to hear at least mainstream stuff like the Cure and Sisters of Mercy at an 80s club than at a modern goth club.

 

Hm? Of course they still get thrown into the mix, it's not like their sound stands out too much among recent bands. And the little baby goths love to request them just as much as I used to. They haven't listened to the song "Lucretia's dead and will never be clean again" enough to last a lifetime, yet. 😅

6 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It's not really a SL-only thing, it's a "this is how music genres have evolved over the decades" kind of thing.

Sure it has evolved. But still hasn't turned into house, pop, rap or whatever people who only like "the fashion" or "the aesthetics" listen to.

 

Hmm. Seems like I'll have to wait until the pandemic is over. It's not like there aren't other things to do in SL than music.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...