Do you fill out your "First Life" profiles?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have always just had general information like gender and age, birthdate and whenever I'm taken. I used to have a RL picture of myself years ago but learned the hard way that it wasn't a good idea, bad people will use it against you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yeah, but you're not @Tari Landar. She's trying to turn over a new leaf with her switch to walls of memes, but I think it's just a matter of time before she succumbs. I'm looking forward to it.

Heh.

I can and will speak words, but that thread I put all the memes in required such, because my words alone would've likely gotten me a ban. They were pretty colorful, and not of the varying hue variety, either. It was a rather ridiculous thread that was deserving of as much counter-ridiculousness as I could muster. It would've been more if it wasn't for that pesky moderator lock too!  Lookin' at you lindens....

2 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Heh.

I can and will speak words, but that thread I put all the memes in required such, because my words alone would've likely gotten me a ban. They were pretty colorful, and not of the varying hue variety, either. It was a rather ridiculous thread that was deserving of as much counter-ridiculousness as I could muster. It would've been more if it wasn't for that pesky moderator lock too!  Lookin' at you lindens....

That’s a start, Tari.

Welcome back!

On 7/3/2021 at 11:29 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

For almost all of my characters, I do not. I do give out my real life picture on one character but I do not communicate anything about my "First Life" in the text box....just some extended lore about the character.

Well part of the reason I stayed away from SL the last two years was people aggressively trying to pry into my RL, even going so far as to use alts to get information out of me. There could have been no good reason for their prying, and I file that under stalking. I don't use my real name on the internet, nor would I put my RL in my profile, for very good reasons.

• Like 1

I wrote a few things for my 1st life profile; they've been there pretty much since I started - just the answers to the most common questions. The picture is in response to some jerk who insisted I was ashamed of my real-life self, since I didn't have a pic there. It's a school picture of a little girl with her finger up her nose. I have no idea who it really is, but I find it amusing, so it stays.

23 hours ago, Johanna Burnstein said:

But is it still called "First Life"? I thought it was renamed to "More Information" or something, a while ago.

Firestorm viewer has both the Legacy profile and the Web profile. The first life section is named as:

• In Legacy profile there is: 1st Life
• In Web profile there is: Real World Profile Picture and Real World Biography

Links to my in-world viewing gallery and my MP store. A note about being an artist and gallery owner. SLT+3.

The other note in that section is about being male IRL, but all female in SL, and if that weirds you out, too bad.

:)

No other info needed.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, Coby Foden said:

Firestorm viewer has both the Legacy profile and the Web profile. The first life section is named as:

• In Legacy profile there is: 1st Life
• In Web profile there is: Real World Profile Picture and Real World Biography

Maybe it depends on the mode Firestorm is running in. I'm using Hybrid mode and the Legacy profile says "More Info". So what this section is called, seems to be all over the place. :)

8 hours ago, Johanna Burnstein said:

Maybe it depends on the mode Firestorm is running in. I'm using Hybrid mode and the Legacy profile says "More Info". So what this section is called, seems to be all over the place. :)

Yes indeed, the naming of that "RL info tab" depends on the mode used.

Yes, but very brief. One sentence: I'm a Dutch writer (novelist) who loves art, music and the good things in life.' And a very old pic of  which you cannot really tell what I look like.

It's funny that many residents don't want to tell much about their first life. But I understand that, while I am no exception. But at the same time I am thinking: is it bad now to just share your first life? Actually, my first and second lives are not that different. I write in both. Only in the first life I am a novelist and in the second life I am more of a reporter. And I live in a bigger house in my second life! :-).

Because I sometimes interview residents, I also know that there are many who are not so mysterious about their first life at all and share a lot about it. In many conversations, first and second lives blend together seamlessly. And I know it sometimes it is like that. You can't see them completely separately.
I will share a clearer photo from my first life here! It is taken during a bookpresentations of one of my novels. Behind me is a video from a slowly approaching owl. That was one of the characters of the novel I presented.

charliedark_berenkuil004_klein.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Yes, but very brief. One sentence: I'm a Dutch writer (novelist) who loves art, music and the good things in life.' And a very old pic of  which you cannot really tell what I look like.

It's funny that many residents don't want to tell much about their first life. But I understand that, while I am no exception. But at the same time I am thinking: is it bad now to just share your first life? Actually, my first and second lives are not that different. I write in both. Only in the first life I am a novelist and in the second life I am more of a reporter. And I live in a bigger house in my second life! :-).

Because I sometimes interview residents, I also know that there are many who are not so mysterious about their first life at all and share a lot about it. In many conversations, first and second lives blend together seamlessly. And I know it sometimes it is like that. You can't see them completely separately.
I will share a clearer photo from my first life here! It is taken during a bookpresentations of one of my novels. Behind me is a video from a slowly approaching owl. That was one of the characters of the novel I presented.

charliedark_berenkuil004_klein.jpg

I also like to add: I have met a few residents in RL. And despite the fact that they didn't looked at all like their avatar, I recognised them. How you look is just one of the many aspects from who you are. Whether you are a dragon, a demon or an angel, your personality always shines trough.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.