Does clothing made for men's mesh bodies work with Maitreya with V-tech?

Kaia Sachin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to be able to wear men's clothing, and am wondering if Maitreya with V-tech would work or if I would actually need to wear a male mesh body (I don't want male bits or breasts, just want to be able to wear men's clothing). 

Depending on the clothing (a steampunk suit for example) you can just use the breast alpha cuts and it will fit fine. I did that with a very nice gift from Contraption once.  So demoing some things would be a good start to seeing if it would work with clothing you like.      

• Like 1

Thank you! I ended up getting Maitreya flat chest, only to discover that there are very few androgynous/unisex clothing items (same issue with V-tech). Seems like most creators cater to femboys so their clothing is more feminine . Unfortunately the male clothing does not fit right either.... some Tweenster clothing works, but very limited options. Right now I'm wearing a Tweenster hoodie, but it's literally the only option I could find that works:-/

4 minutes ago, Kaia Sachin said:

Thank you! I ended up getting Maitreya flat chest, only to discover that there are very few androgynous/unisex clothing items (same issue with V-tech). Seems like most creators cater to femboys so their clothing is more feminine . Unfortunately the male clothing does not fit right either.... some Tweenster clothing works, but very limited options. Right now I'm wearing a Tweenster hoodie, but it's literally the only option I could find that works:-/

Maybe have a look at this thread for some ideas

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kaia Sachin said:

I would like to be able to wear men's clothing, and am wondering if Maitreya with V-tech would work or if I would actually need to wear a male mesh body (I don't want male bits or breasts, just want to be able to wear men's clothing). 

Some things work, in particular, complete outfits with long sleeves like a suit. You will need to use alpha, either from your huds or from system layers if using BOM. I usually find that the best fit is with Classic/Standard sizes (Small or XS), sometimes with TMP or Legacy. 

There are also some creators, in particular Krankhaus and Two-Sided, who make masculine clothes to fit Maitreya + V-tech. For any kind of sleeveless top or close-fitting shorts, you'll need something rigged to fit Maitreya. 

ETA: If you have long hair down your back, and you switch to wearing mens clothes, you'll also need to switch to long hair rigged for men. No_Match has a huge selection of long hair for men.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for your help! I ended up going with Lucybody Natasha as it works perfectly with clothing for V-tech and is BOM enabled. Still bummed I can't wear most men's clothing (like tank tops and t-shirts) and that the v-tech options are so limited, but am very grateful for this forum and appreciate your help immensely!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.