What popular groups are used to deed items, like purchased land, security orbs & radios?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That's entirely up to you.  You create a new group and add at least one other member (preferably your own alt) so that the group doesn't close automatically within 48 hours.  Then you stand on your land, right click the ground, and select About Land.  On the General page, SET (not deed) the land to your new group.  Then use the Options Tab to be sure that rezzing objects and Object Entry are restricted to group members.  (leave Fly and Scripts available for everyone).  

Review the details in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ral61 said:

My purchase land requires a group to deed with, along with my radio & security orb.

What popular groups are available to use for deed matters accurately?

NEVER use a group where you'r no owner.. deeding makes the group Owner of the items and land.( so if you'r not the group owner... you give your transferable items, and land away )
(often also other ranks get those abilities in management groups ..with even higher risk to loose your items)

btw... that parcel for sale you show, is for sure no waterfront... perhaps waterview, and severely overpriced in my opinion, but that's on you to decide.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

I think you don't understand...

It's true that on group-owned land, you must deed certain objects to the group like radios, TVs, and security systems.

BUT!!!!! If the land is NOT group owned, you do NOT have to deed these objects to a group.

Right click the land, and choose About Land. See if you are shown as the owner. If you are, no further action is required. Rez your radio and security orb and carry on. If the window shows the land is group owned, then those objects must be deeded TO THE GROUP THAT OWNS THE LAND.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.