Jump to content

How Many Old Linden Home Regions and How Many Bellisseria Regions


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

This is just your own opinion. I, and a lot more ppl I know, doesn´t agree with this. Im neither an newbie or retired either 🌷 And I will never, ever, go back to living on mainland to have a huge black or pink box as neighbour. But each to their own 💗 Bellisseria FTW! ☺️

I LOVE my camper in Bellisseria and my partner loves his Houseboat ️  We did not play Game of Homes for them.  We each took the first place we were awarded and we each happen to love what we got.  We have lived in Bellisseria since April 15, 2019 and waited anxiously for it to appear from the time we first suspected what the SSP Regions were for when we spotted them above our land on Corsica and Gaeta V.   We have loved it ever since we knew it would be a sailing place… We love it so much that we used it as a model for our dream when we decided to revitalize some Abandoned Land on Mainland.  It is an homage to Bellisseria, not a competition 🥰
I also feel that LL has been surprised by what Residents have shown they can do with that intended Starter Community.  It has evolved into what each of us wants it to be, or we move on.  It is the Crown Jewels of Second Life, made by them for us and us for them. ❤️👍

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

This is just your own opinion. I, and a lot more ppl I know, doesn´t agree with this. Im neither an newbie or retired either 🌷 And I will never, ever, go back to living on mainland to have a huge black or pink box as neighbour. But each to their own 💗 Bellisseria FTW! ☺️

Please come and visit Campbell Coast on the South coast of Corsica. You can open World Map and Search for Erazor Region and try to land at the central office beside the Circuit La Corse.  It reaches into 9 Regions of Mainland and is surrounded by similar landscaping by neighbouring communities with different (but similar) cohesive landscaping and give us your honest opinion of how we did and how we are doing.  We truly rely on the opinions of everyone to make our decisions, good and bad 🏠

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yes, Tyche does a wonderful job, I cited her survey in my original post as you can see. The problem is as I noted that Bellisseria sims are not somehow marked so as to be able to stand out in a survey. She notes that she includes Bellisseria (all Linden homes, old and new) in the overall Mainland figures. The Lindens themselves keep saying Bellisseria is "not" mainland but this is arguable as you can reach it by flying or sailing from the Mainland. The sims are no different, i.e. not like private islands or homestead with different features and labels.

So she herself cannot indicate the difference between old Mainland and Linden Homes, old and new. She puts  a figure from 2017 when the number of *parcels* were known. 

Tyche must have chosen not to separate them since you can distinguish between them easily via script by their estate: Mainland (ID:1), Linden Homes (the old homes, ID:28996) and Linden Homes 2 (Bellisseria, ID:51561). 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, BJoyful said:

Bellisseria is an entry level or retirement form of free housing for Premium Members.  It is not a replacement of Mainland.  This has never changed.  Do you want them to stop making Bellisseria and fix up some Mainland?  Just ask.  Ask in Live chat and report their response then gather your supporters or sigh and Carry On enjoying what you do enjoy 🌼 That is what you can do because no one can turn back time or displace 4,500 Regions of land without some serious consequences… far too many consequences for me or even HAL9000 to even contemplate. 🌼 😉

This is 2 common example of what has happened to me a numerous times on mainland and why I love my "starter" home and never will go back to mainland. (Imo mainland looks more like a starter location...).Suddenly your lovely neighbour moves and the black box moves in 😱 Or the "For sale" abomination show up 100 m high  (who doesnt search the map for land?) 

pics from a tour with Drivers of SL (great group!)

Black box location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Juliet/24/21/38

Well, you get the picture, and im sure you have a lovely place in mainland but for people who cant own several regions its a bit trickier. We need to be lucky with neighbours and I havent so far in mainland... 🙃

lowmainland_001.png

mainland2_001.png

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

We need to be lucky with neighbours and I havent so far in mainland... 🙃

We have a few of these inside Campbell Coast and yeah... they really are a pain.  I wonder if you can find them in Campbell Coast?  You don't need a lot if tier to make Mainland more beautiful.  We will always help with that issue.  All you need to do is have time and a desire or time and the ability to make it more beautiful which you obviously do and we will help in any way we can! ♥

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I like both Bellisseria and mainland for different reasons. Exploring both is great, especially when you discover little hidden areas - even when you think you've seen it all, there's always something else to surprise you.

I moved into Bellisseria on the first day, and whilst in the beginning it was great to say "there's no ugly skyboxes or junk like on mainland" - unfortunately that's not the case any more.

I'm not sure how many residents of Bellisseria actually venture too far from their homes any more, but this kind of thing is getting worse and worse:

 

Belli mess.jpg

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
  • Sad 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I like both Bellisseria and mainland for different reasons. Exploring both is great, especially when you discover little hidden areas - even when you think you've seen it all, there's always something else to surprise you.

I moved into Bellisseria on the first day, and whilst in the beginning it was great to say "there's no ugly skyboxes or junk like on mainland" - unfortunately that's not the case any more.

I'm not sure how many residents of Bellisseria actually venture too far from their homes any more, but this kind of thing is getting worse and worse:

 

Belli mess.jpg

 

OMG - Hopefully that sure as hell didn't stay long after being reported.  That person actually deserves a few days out of SL to contemplate the covenant.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trouble is that Bellisseria is now HUGE, and therefore the amount of covenant violations is going to increase accordingly. Not to mention stuff which may not technically be against covenant but is nonetheless annoying eg. full-bright picket fences, media-on-a-prim which can be heard all over the region, animesh strippers on the front lawn etc.  I certainly do a lot more derendering than I used to.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

OMG - Hopefully that sure as hell didn't stay long after being reported.  That person actually deserves a few days out of SL to contemplate the covenant.

 

Perhaps a “How well do you know the Covenant” Test which needs to be passed before re-entry is allowed! 🤨 😉

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Perhaps a “How well do you know the Covenant” Test which needs to be passed before re-entry is allowed! 🤨 😉

So is the assumption that if they "know" the covenant, they will obey it? my experience is that most of the flagrant violators know they are breaking the rules and just dont care...

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

So is the assumption that if they "know" the covenant, they will obey it? my experience is that most of the flagrant violators know they are breaking the rules and just dont care...

I Agree. Its probably more about griefing than to not have read the covenant…

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try to give people the benefit of a second chance whether they deserve it or not.  It is human nature to push limits in everything from letting the grass get too long before mowing to spending more than they earn and not using common sense in Second Life until they are reminded of the consequences of crossing the line.  If everyone who broke a rule once was banned, the world would be an empty place. 🥰  I can’t imagine how many Governance staff it would take to police a place the size of Bellisseria but I’m sure they are doing their best.

It does depend on the severity of the breach also.  A griefer setting off a grief object is certainly demanding an immediate ban and hopefully will get it but someone setting out a box enclosing their land because they don’t care what it looks like to the rest of the people living around them seems to be an all too common practice all over the grid… same as people setting a security orb on their land and nothing more.  They just do so because… they have always been allowed to before or some other bad practice they are accustomed to.  Most people are lazy and don’t read unless they see some direct benefit of doing so and use their common practice over even common sense 😉

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I try to give people the benefit of a second chance whether they deserve it or not.  It is human nature to push limits in everything from letting the grass get too long before mowing to spending more than they earn and not using common sense in Second Life until they are reminded of the consequences of crossing the line.  If everyone who broke a rule once was banned, the world would be an empty place. 🥰  I can’t imagine how many Governance staff it would take to police a place the size of Bellisseria but I’m sure they are doing their best.

It does depend on the severity of the breach also.  A griefer setting off a grief object is certainly demanding an immediate ban and hopefully will get it but someone setting out a box enclosing their land because they don’t care what it looks like to the rest of the people living around them seems to be an all too common practice all over the grid… same as people setting a security orb on their land and nothing more.  They just do so because… they have always been allowed to before or some other bad practice they are accustomed to.  Most people are lazy and don’t read unless they see some direct benefit of doing so and use their common practice over even common sense 😉

I think everyone is entitled to a second chanse ofc. Best practise would be to make it hard to fail. For example make it Impossible to run any other orb than LLs own. If its possible? But the rest, How do one prevent ppl from ”boxing ” themselves? 🤐😛 Maybee LL need an army of volunteers that can help them clean up - return junk?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Always Incognito said:

I think everyone is entitled to a second chanse ofc. Best practise would be to make it hard to fail. For example make it Impossible to run any other orb than LLs own. If its possible? But the rest, How do one prevent ppl from ”boxing ” themselves? 🤐😛 Maybee LL need an army of volunteers that can help them clean up - return junk?

Maybe an army of triage volunteers?  People who are willing to try and help the offenders first with a friendly encounter or offer of help and if that fails, then pass those on to Governance with a knowledgeable understanding that a tree which exceeds the height limit isn’t as serious as blocking a public road or path.  Not everyone is comfortable attempting a friendly chat with a stranger who might be violating a rule and those people wouldn’t want to be put in such a role, but they might feel better just submitting a note to a volunteer group for triage and still have comfortably done their part to try and help.  It would require some rather diplomatic volunteers for the best results but I think something like that could work and ease the burden of triage considerably for Governance 🥰

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BJoyful said:

 I can’t imagine how many Governance staff it would take to police a place the size of Bellisseria but I’m sure they are doing their best.

LL has said that they do not actively check Bellisseria for covenant violations.  Other than the odd thing here & there that LL or the Moles might notice while they are out and about, they mostly rely on the Residents to AR things.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL has said that they do not actively check Bellisseria for covenant violations.  Other than the odd thing here & there that LL or the Moles might notice while they are out and about, they mostly rely on the Residents to AR things.

We do spend time looking for problems during our travels throughout the day.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Now I'm wondering if the amount of trouble you'd get in is proportional to the effort put into being sneaky ....

Hypothetically of course!

That should be right up there with the Laws of Physics!  🥰

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People breaking the covenant seem to be a small minority.  Most everywhere I've ridden my dinosaur on the roads or taken my submarine past the houseboats and stilts has been clear of blocks and over reaching orbs.  I've run into a few places with obvious trolling in parcel decorating, but not many.  I've passed a few "yard sales" with people reselling gachas in their front yards.  Occasionally I'll pass a breeding farm of some kind hidden in a house.  Most people seem to follow the spirit of the covenant.  The obvious ones and the invisible (but still in the way ones) get ARd.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...