Unable to get a box to load contents so I can see what is in it.

Ayashe Whitesong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok.. so I made a box, something I have done a lot.. and I had some of my items in there that I was going to move back in my inventory. I was doing the same with three other boxes. one box at a time but I was only moving about 10 to 15 items from a box to my inventory then waiting for it to reload the contents. (as it wont let me move any more without it reloading anyway). However one box... I was waiting for it to reload the contents and it acted like it was stuck. It never reloaded it. Now when I try to work on that box this happens  [edit>content = shows "loading contents"] it just says loading contents and never loads it. It only had about 20 items in it left. I did leave the box out after some time and went on to finish the other boxes without any issue. I also picked the box up much much later and relogged.. and rerezzed it and same thing. I go to open it .. or edit contents and it says loading contents but never does. Any suggestions?

thanks!

3 answers to this question

Create a new script in your inventory, edit it and replace its contents with the following code:

//  when the prim is touched, the script checks all other inventory items whether or not they're copiable
//  copiable items are added to a list, if the list is not empty when all items have been checked
//  the prim gives them to the touching avatar within a single folder

{
    touch_start(integer num_detected)
    {
        string thisScript = llGetScriptName();
        list inventoryItems;
        integer inventoryNumber = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ALL);

integer index;
        for ( ; index < inventoryNumber; ++index )
        {
            string itemName = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ALL, index);

if (itemName != thisScript)
            {
                if (llGetInventoryPermMask(itemName, MASK_OWNER) & PERM_COPY)
                {
                    inventoryItems += itemName;
                }
                else
                {
                    llSay(0, "Unable to copy the item named '" + itemName + "'.");
                }
            }
        }

if (inventoryItems == [] )
        {
            llSay(0, "No copiable items found, sorry.");
        }
        else
        {
            llGiveInventoryList(llDetectedKey(0), llGetObjectName(), inventoryItems);    // 3.0 seconds delay
        }
    }
}

Save the script, and put into the box which won't load.

Next, touch the box and enjoy the contents which will be given to you :) 

I tried that and had my fingers crossed.. while it did give me a full list of the items in local chat, it said unable to copy the item named (it gave the items names) Which I might have expected since everything in that box is no copy... At least now I have a list of what is left in the box... I just cannot get the box to show it to me on contents so I can get it out.. 

It has me pretty perplexed. I am beginning to think I will have to contact support as it may be a corruption issue of some sort. No other box or inventory is acting this way. And I was able to move some items from it at first. Thank you for giving me something to try though!. 

(EDITED) right after I posted this.. I decided to log on the second life viewer since they would want to know if I had the same issue on their viewer before they would even try to help. Walla.. there it was. so strange.. But I am thrilled I don't have to go through support now!! thank you again for trying to help me

Edited by Ayashe Whitesong
UPDATE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.