Can someone assist me on this situation dealing with Caps Lock on sl

Eisaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, Good Day I had issue with changing my password on my main account (I was able to sign in most of today) but the minute I change my password on website (I had correct password to sign in) I accidently had caps lock on when entering the new password (me in the changing password process) and now I am not able to sign back into my account due to the case sensitivity issues and now my account is on hold due to it. Is there a way to get it reset quickly before the week ends I really wish to sign back into my sl before Wednesday. I cannot sign into the account now due to it saying to turn off the caps lock (and my issue is the the new password has all CAPS and  by accident forgot the cap-lock was on. Do you think this problem can get fix easily and quickly please HELP! Also can Lindens be able to respond to my concerns right away I send a ticket but really want to get the problem fix before the week finishes

Edited by Eisaki

10 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Eisaki said:

Hello, Good Day I had issue with changing my password on my main account (I was able to sign in most of today) but the minute I change my password on website (I had correct password to sign in) I accidently had caps lock on when entering the new password (me in the changing password process) and now I am not able to sign back into my account due to the case sensitivity issues and now my account is on hold due to it. Is there a way to get it reset quickly before the week ends I really wish to sign back into my sl before Wednesday. I cannot sign into the account now due to it saying to turn off the caps lock (and my issue is the the new password has all CAPS and  by accident forgot the cap-lock was on. Do you think this problem can get fix easily and quickly please HELP! Also can Lindens be able to respond to me concerns right away I send a ticket but really want to get the problem fix before the week finishes

You said your account is on hold?  If so, it's just that.  On hold so you cannot log in.  Did you receive an email stating it was on hold or are you just guessing?  

I forgot to state I accidentally made the password all CAPS the new one. To answer your question now first the account wasn't on hold but I put the username on the website and decide to put ''forgot password'' (since the new password I made for myself was accidentally in full caps all letters mistakenly) then it send me a directly to email (to ofcourse to the email linked to that account ''so you can actually tell I am the actual owner since I got the actual email quickly'') it work it send me a link to verify is me (I click on the link) it send me to a page where it ask me like The security question (first I got it wrong cause I had two favourite books and you know I made this account for a long-while so to remember that question) and then they ask you resident names on list impossible to remember all your friends names on list (especially if is usernames) I can actually state a few but usernames and not display name can be a challenge but anyways I went back to answer favourite books and click continue and it send me straight to a page to submit the ticket so I assume I got the question right on the second time since it actually direct me to the submit ticket page...then after that when submit the ticket that's when I saw it finally said my account is now on hold. So bascially it wasn't on hold the entire time til I got on the page for contacting them and submit the ticket for my concern. (Another thing I want to know is how long will it take for my ticket to be process and read). Strangely they didn't send me the email to say it's on hold but when I send ticket they told me it is currently on hold.

Edited by Eisaki

From what you've said, it seems as though your answers to the security question were not correct therefore putting your account on hold.   No one can really tell you how long a support ticket will take to resolve.  If you're a premium member, you could contact Live Chat.  There really is no other option aside from waiting to hear back on your ticket.  If you should contact Live Chat, be sure and have your ticket number available.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131005-live-chat

''Besides the on Hold status - you don't need capslock to enter your password - you can also type in capital letters by holding the shift key''

Replies back your comment: Really? I could have done that the whole time.. I never thought about that. 😢  Next time when in doubt I am going to run to this forum section everyone is much helpful here.  Sigh :( now I don't know how long its gonna take for my issue to be solve only good thing I made a ticket and they answer me by send me an email that they have received my ticket just have to wait for a representative to come a read it.

43 minutes ago, Eisaki said:

Also for premium LIVE CHAT what is that? Is that like when they call LL? Or is like a online service where they can connect and talk to them online through the pc like 24/7 service?

you can find that info in the support portal

Live Chat is available for Premium customers from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST) every day. During chat support hours, the Need Help? button is available to connect you to a LiveChat agent.

40 minutes ago, Eisaki said:

Also for premium LIVE CHAT what is that? Is that like when they call LL? Or is like a online service where they can connect and talk to them online through the pc like 24/7 service?

If you are a Premium member, you can contact Tech Support via a chat function, during normal business hours.  Here's how:

1. Click on the Help link on your Dashboard page.

help.thumb.png.8f8dd256a0fccd5e8cae1e6b074c5265.png

2. In the Premium section, click the Contact Support link.

help2.png.783b3bfbfbde9601310b2338928e55d7.png

3. Click the blue button in the lower right of the next screen:

help3.thumb.png.1a36eb4e72dae69ba0d072afdb1979b7.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eisaki said:

I don't know how long its gonna take for my issue to be solve only good thing I made a ticket and they answer me by send me an email that they have received my ticket just have to wait for a representative to come a read it.

Response time for support cases varies, depending on the urgency of the issue.  For example, an issue that affects a lot of people -- like a region being offline unexpectedly -- often gets attention in a matter of minutes.  An issue that is fairly routine -- like needing a password reset -- also gets prompt attention.  In general, things that will take a lot of research to resolve will take much longer, especially if the support case is poorly documented or difficult to understand.  Then there are certain issues that involve a necessary but perhaps frustrating delay.  If you report a problem that may imply that your account has been compromised, for example, Linden Lab will immediately put your account on hold while they investigate.  That's to make sure that no one has access to your personal information or your L$ and USD balances.  Regardless of the issue, you may always go back into the Support Center and file a supplemental report with additional information or clarifying questions.  Just refer to your original report case by number. (It's also wise to be patient.  Submitting a stream of "Are we there yet?" messages does not speed things up.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.