Group invitation for a closed enrollment group

leaaaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, 

So I would like to invite people to a close enrollement group. They will be my tenants. I have the scripts so they get the group invitation when they click it or start renting. But why they cannot join? There is no join group button appears, only group information itself. I have been searching on market place for a tool or script to do this automatic invitation so they are able to see "join group" button eventhough it is not open for public, but I couldn't find it. Did I miss something?

Edited: I saw some people are able to invite their tenants eventhough their group is private (not everyone can join). I tried with firestorm, and it's the same, my alts cannot see the join group button. I purchased another group inviter also, and still that "join group" doesn't appear. I have to keep my group public so people can join, but I don't want random people to join, because this group was created for my tenants to rez their items in parcel. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Edited by leaaaa

• leaaaa changed the title to Group invitation for a closed enrollment group

Scripts cannot invite to a closed enrollment group. That must be done by a group-member bot (or actual group member). Scripts can send the group information URI for any group, open or closed, but when clicked it simply directs to the corresponding group info window which will only have a "Join" button if the group is open enrollment.

The history here is ugly and stupid, with paranoid residents worrying that a script could spam group invitations, and Lindens taking that as an excuse not to develop it at all, rather than simply using a throttle same as every other potential spam function.

If you don't want to rent (or develop) a bot nor do all the invitations manually, an option might be to open the enrollment and manually elevate the Roles of the true tenants appropriately. If the concern is rezzing, there are also script functions to automatically return objects rezzed by specific individuals, and a script could keep track of who are the actual tenants, who else has stuff rezzed, and return anything rezzed by non-tenants. (Ironically, those automated return functions have very strict throttles.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.