Border case

For context, I'm the owner of the 18+ dream school. We give pole dance classes to adults and the kind.

Today a trans neko visited the sim. Base kemono body, purple ears and tail. No breast, nor *****. One of my officier contacted them and basically breast shamed them for being flat chested. It looked like a child.

I had a public discussion with them, They were over 30 yo, trans in RL, and not interested in having a breast. There was an underlying submissive tone as you'd expect from a neko, but no sign of any intent to do *****. I told them they could stay, but that my officiers would kick them out at the first sign of *****.

In the past, i might have just banned them just to be on the safe side of linden lab's rules. But I believe we have to be tolerant. Have I grew too soft ? 

• Confused 1

I say it wasn't nice of the officers for shaming someone as far as the rules go for Linden Lab its best to follow them to be safe as an officer it is their duty to keep an eye on everyone who comes to sims to make sure everyone is following the rules. Each owner is different for sims but I would have talk with your officers about this to see which one it was that shamed the customer that came in.

2 hours ago, hurktang said:

For context, I'm the owner of the 18+ dream school. We give pole dance classes to adults and the kind.

Today a trans neko visited the sim. Base kemono body, purple ears and tail. No breast, nor *****. One of my officier contacted them and basically breast shamed them for being flat chested. It looked like a child.

I had a public discussion with them, They were over 30 yo, trans in RL, and not interested in having a breast. There was an underlying submissive tone as you'd expect from a neko, but no sign of any intent to do *****. I told them they could stay, but that my officiers would kick them out at the first sign of *****.

In the past, i might have just banned them just to be on the safe side of linden lab's rules. But I believe we have to be tolerant. Have I grew too soft ? 

Are you serious ?

You're not the gender police. Someone's choice of butts, boobs & bits are not your call.

Transphobia is never a good look, it's also easier to not be judgmental or reduce people to stereotypes.

Intentionally young child avatars in SL are for the most part using very specific bodies, and go to great lengths to avoid all places adult. The kemono is not a child avatar.

Ban the intolerant abusive officer who harassed them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

IMO for the 'edge cases' (i.e roughly teenage avatar) The face/head is much more of an age marker than body-characteristics. Some (RL) kids are tall have breasts, and some (RL) adults are short and flat-chested. If I owned an adult venue (which I don't so take my opinion with a spoonful of salt) I would have my age policy be based on certain products (mostly heads, maybe also ban sailor-suits etc. ) rather than body characteristics. You don't have to make your banned product list public, just if an officer sees someone they think is underage, have them do an attachment scan and cross reference with your banned-product list, if there's a match ask the patron to change or leave.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Are you serious ?

You're not the gender police. Someone's choice of butts, boobs & bits are not your call.

Transphobia is never a good look, it's also easier to not be judgmental or reduce people to stereotypes.

Intentionally young child avatars in SL are for the most part using very specific bodies, and go to great lengths to avoid all places adult. The kemono is not a child avatar.

Ban the intolerant abusive officer who harassed them.

To be fair, the Kemono body can easily be used for a child avatar, even though it isn't one inherently. You don't need to be using things like SMB or Toodeloo.

Whether or not someone's avatar is too childlike is almost entirely subjective, especially these days with the whole boom in babygirl/kawaii themes, and there's a big grey area where people will disagree.

Apparent age is also relative. Most anime avatars (especially those using stock Kemono/M3/M4) will look significantly younger than those using stock Lara, Jake, etc. If you're in an adult themed sim where most people are using regular human avatars, any random Kemono that walks in is likely to be perceived 'too young' regardless of how justified it is.

It is unfortunate that some people will get the wrong end of the stick, personally I would let the person stay, but I wouldn't blame the officer for not wanting them there without seeing the avatar in question. "Breast shaming" them crosses a line into buttholery, though. That's completely uncalled for even if the avatar was a child and I'd warn/fire them if things like that happened again.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 4

Anytime you enter a place with XXX School girl in a description, you're going to have some people coming in looking like...well...like school girls.  Your backstory in your profile is also a bit confusing considering this topic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You have to look at the whole avatar & outfit for context. Head, body, body mods, shape, skin, clothing, accessories, AO. Even their profile to determine the nature of their common roleplay/character.

I wear kemono body and an anime head, but I don't wear a child's body shape nor children's clothing. I have worn it to adult venues without issue.

https://gyazo.com/b9aadb806ab1bdba5f37199092db1377

During my head & bodys stats collecting, I have seen people wear Maitreya Lara with child body shape configuation and children's clothing and an assortment of heads, human, child and anime.

I have also seen people wear Genus heads with toddler/baby bodies & toddler/baby clothes.

Context matters, but at the same time, land owners are still allowed to remove anyone they feel is a risk. Dialog/conversation helps if possible.

• Like 3

Thx everyone for your reply so far. Keep going I find the replies interesting

I just want to defend my officer a bit, he did not harassed them. We had an adult chat in local with all party involved. He had no reason to know that the neko was trans before the initial comment. His reaction was suboptimal, but I definitively keep my officer. :)

20 minutes ago, hurktang said:

He had no reason to know that the neko was trans

FWIW I don't think trans status is at all relevant here; being trans doesn't make smaller breasts more adult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:28 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

FWIW I don't think trans status is at all relevant here; being trans doesn't make smaller breasts more adult.

So all trans women are kids until they get a surgery... gotcha :P

• Confused 4

On 7/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, hurktang said:

So all trans women are kids until they get a surgery... gotcha

What you quoted is literally the exact opposite of that, although I'll concede that the way I said it might not be clear to someone who doesn't read English natively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, hurktang said:

Oh, where to begin with this cokwombleness?  Welp, others have already called you out for your cavalier attitude towards breast-shaming, and the transphobic implications of your post.  So.  I think I'LL call you out for assuming neko's are submissive.  I have a friend in real life who's BDSM persona is a cat-themed dominatrix.  And yes, people really do BDSM and sexual stuff at real life clubs.  But with your attitude?  YOU'D be the one shown the door.  So ironic that someone so childish in their behavior is fussing over trans nekko avatars looking too "childish."

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Oh, where to begin with this cokwombleness

I really must try to work this into casual conversation.

I cokwomble, you cokwomble, he-she-me cokwomble. Cokwombleing, Cokwombology, the study of cokwombles! It's first grade....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...