How Does Your SL Look Today?

This morn I went to a World Religion Day meditation (officially the day was the 21st).

World Religion Day aims to promote the unity of religious peoples so that we can overcome historical differences. For centuries, different religions and faiths have fought each other, and ignored their common values. The purpose of World Religion Day is to work towards a peaceful understanding between faiths.

bd26ca771e2cc8ab33d55fd697b91056.gif

• Like 10

Mirror's stillearing.thumb.png.460830ee07f8d62d8120a0c2ca96efd2.pngseeself.thumb.png.708d36f6680474622a4e634461f48d17.pngpbr Ful llength  mirror on SL Viewer with PBR. Mirror at times move like your in diffren't timeline.                                                                    Leave some mirrors at sandboxes. 

Edited by ShaydraPromise
  • Like 15

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Cinnamon Mistwood very sweetly agreed to pose for me for a pic today.

This is NOT that pic, but one that we took afterwards.

Thanks Cinn!

I really enjoyed watching your process, getting to see how you set up projectors and poses, making things visible and invisible, all those behind-the-scenes details, and the time and thought you put into your scenes.

There was plenty of time to play with my own photo tools, EEPs, and angles.  Thank you so much for the invite.  I will pose for you again sometime if you want!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Tiny Explorers have a booth at the SL Living Expo in the 'Teams Meet and Greet' region.  It isn't open until 2nd February but this is a photo of our booth. 

p.s. one of the ears fell down but it has been fixed now - sorry to the folks with OCD.

Tiny Explorers at SL Living Expo

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I really enjoyed watching your process, getting to see how you set up projectors and poses, making things visible and invisible, all those behind-the-scenes details, and the time and thought you put into your scenes.

There was plenty of time to play with my own photo tools, EEPs, and angles.

I'm pleased, because I tend to assume that the process is tedious and boring! And I am very pleased with the result: thank you so much for being such a perfect model!

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Thank you so much for the invite.  I will pose for you again sometime if you want!

Well, I'm looking for models for nude watercolours . . .

🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I did the math again yesterday morning and I decided to go premium plus for a year. Got myself a Mediterranean home. And o boy, building fever hit me. Yay. I have been moving prims and plants all weekend.
And now I have a nice (partly still prim) version for an add-on (I think).

VVhen2S.jpeg

Next step: producing the meshes. :(  Not really my favorite part.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Forgot to include the picture (again). 🤣
  • Like 15

Finally bought a piece of mainland. Its actually right next to the bear infohub which is kinda neat. Wanted a roadside wedge of space for an L shaped kinda thing and this fit the bill

h1.png.5b96afd4526cff60e16d1a8d4c76e317.

not fancy at all but it doesnt need to be, its just a place to sit and yell

i am really bad at working with prims, it reminds me of roblox except without the incremental snapping and collision

my favorite part are these incredibly low resolution plants i paid too many L$ for

h2.thumb.png.6246121ae2d3a92de17ea7a201c70a3b.png

Edited by gwynchisholm
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I did the math again yesterday morning and I decided to go premium plus for a year. Got myself a Mediterranean home. And o boy, building fever hit me. Yay. I have been moving prims and plants all weekend.
And now I have a nice (partly still prim) version for an add-on (I think).

VVhen2S.jpeg

Next step: producing the meshes. :(  Not really my favorite part.

Oh, man, now I want that patio too!  Please make a version for the Bella Vista/Bella Rosa homes.

• Like 6

Also in my adventuring around the world map view to find bits of land for sale, i came across cool old stuff i wasnt aware of, the SS Galaxy

read into it and this is from 2007 and its super cool

Snapshot_004.png.4be7f71487af9078a588c95

I wasnt around for this era of the game but its pretty nuts that theres a like, 2300ft long cruise ship that takes 3 entire regions just hanging out in the ocean, love discovering cool old stuff like this

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Oh, man, now I want that patio too!  Please make a version for the Bella Vista/Bella Rosa homes.

Right after I finished Scylla's request for a copy of the Neu Schwarnstein Castle in that other thread. :D

• Haha 6

Rehearsing for my cabaret performance tonight of Dietrich's "Nimm dich in acht vor blonden Frauen" -- "Beware of Blondes!" (from The Blue Angel).

Got the props done, the dances queued, the song ready, and of course the costume.

Doch denke immer: Achtung vor dem Raubtier!

Cabaret-Rehearsal-Blank.thumb.png.1ecb4917a02effd7d19eb0ddf98330d0.png

• Like 11

On 1/27/2024 at 9:02 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Cinnamon Mistwood very sweetly agreed to pose for me for a pic today.

This is NOT that pic, but one that we took afterwards.

Thanks Cinn!

Cinnamon-2-Blank.thumb.png.45a3c2d7563511230fa97a30bf7db24c.png

I took this pic right before Cinny went to do the photoshoot with you. I took it using the toy camera filter built into our SL cameras. It's an interesting contrast to your warm and luscious colours.

Cinny before Scylla's shoot BW Sandor.png

• Like 11

Enjoying another seven continent long-distance, non-stop boat trip adventure.

Like the PBR style reflections?  I'm not using a PBR viewer!

BlakeSeaReflections.thumb.png.dd026655345da09fefbd7b58d6c3aac3.png

Have completed the non-stop journey through the seven connected continents (Gaeta V, Corsica, Nautilus, Satori, Bellisseria, Jeogeot and southern Sansara) again in under two hours with my Bat Boat!

One day in the future, I hope to reach and include Heterocera Atoll continent in the same boat trip too and make it an eight continent journey, which is currently impossible without changing vehicles or 'cheating' by teleporting or flying up to northern Sansara's coastline.

It is currently impossible to navigate a boat non-stop through Sansara's southern coastline up to it's northern coastline because of mountain ranges, different surface water levels, massive dams and a lack of alternative east and west coastline routes.

There is some hope that Bellisseria's ongoing northward expansion on the east side of Sansara might form a direct route up to northern Sansara some day, making an eight continent trip up to Heterocera Atoll possible.

Then after achieving an eight continent non-stop boat journey, I will then hope some day in the distant future to also include Gaeta I as the ninth continent to include in the same non-stop trip. Gaeta I currently has no connection to any other continent despite it's relatively short distances from both Corsica and Gaeta V continents. 😎

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 14