How Does Your SL Look Today?

So, for my upcoming exhibition on the women in Shakespeare's plays, we're trying something a bit different -- a performance and recitation! We've found a really wonderful SL actress who,  with help from a colleague from the Avilion Cameo Theatre, is recording a commentary and recitation from the plays to accompany six or seven of the pics. It should be pretty cool, I think.

BUT . . . it's added a whole new element of work to the setup for this. I've just finished building a somewhat minimalist theatre stage supposed to evoke the Globe, and a slide show to accompany the performance.

And I still have one more pic to produce. Ugh.

The-Theatre-Blank.thumb.png.54ac78eea131120c8e451e5ec166da44.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, for my upcoming exhibition on the women in Shakespeare's plays, we're trying something a bit different -- a performance and recitation! We've found a really wonderful SL actress who,  with help from a colleague from the Avilion Cameo Theatre, is recording a commentary and recitation from the plays to accompany six or seven of the pics. It should be pretty cool, I think.

BUT . . . it's added a whole new element of work to the setup for this. I've just finished building a somewhat minimalist theatre stage supposed to evoke the Globe, and a slide show to accompany the performance.

And I still have one more pic to produce. Ugh.

The-Theatre-Blank.thumb.png.54ac78eea131120c8e451e5ec166da44.png

LOVE!!!!! I'm now super excited about this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm creating an area for Whole Brain Health @ the Inspiration Bay sim, utilizing the fun underwater rides Eku Zhong created (of Culprit).  [She has closed her inworld store]. She had a big closing sale and I nearly bought the place out. I believe her MP store is still open though.

August 31 WBH Eku Rides Resize.png

Edited by Quartz Mole
redacted post to remove personal information.
  • Like 16

So a friend of mine, a person familiar to many of you, recently returned to the forum after an absence, but decided for reasons of her own to step back again. I'm sorry to see her go, again, but I fully support her decision, yada yada yada.

ANYWAY.

I told her that if she was going to leave, she should do so with un grand geste. You know, a proper flounce, with skirts swirling, hair flying, her nose in the air and a pretty pout. God only sends so many opportunities to flounce, and we should take advantage when they come our way.

Well, she wouldn't do so because, she said, "dignity" blah blah blah "self-respect" blah blah "decorum" blah blah blah. (I wasn't really listening, tbh.)

Sure. Whatevs.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ar8j605yduexen2mj15

Well, FORTUNATELY, I myself possess none of the qualities aforementioned, so, even though I'm not leaving (yeah, sorry!), I decided to do my OWN flounce, so that no one would feel deprived.

Here you go! Consider it a freebie!

And I'd like to dedicate this to my more dignified friend. Long may her skirts swirl and her "hmmph!" remain sharp, potent, and adorable!

Flounce-Blank.thumb.png.aa6801dd167a4c27e1ff5ba524a7bd58.png

HMMMMPPPHHH!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I'm sort of figuring out this mermaid thing thanks to the 'Tala Bento' AO/HUD for mermaid swimming (it looks like it's basically a 'worn vehicle' as a way to keep me underwater or on the surface like a submarine or boat, and then switches to just being an AO when out of the linden water.

Screenshot2023-08-31230433.thumb.png.8c3512cc3af269f6e6bdd00d3be4c85b.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wiggleroom Gardens/34/64/20

These riverside newbrookes look really nice. The 512s on the south side of the river in particular come up to the water. The 1024's on the other side have a road between them and the river:

RiverSideNewBrooke_001.thumb.png.26457e1a0dff878cd27524b582c09189.png

RiverSideNewBrooke_003.thumb.png.f40e4bd4cf5967bbf551ad69963f4260.png

RiverSideNewBrooke_003.thumb.png.f40e4bd4cf5967bbf551ad69963f4260.png

That river is the dividing line between chalets on the south and newbrookes on the north except for these riverside spots.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 15

5 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I'm sort of figuring out this mermaid thing thanks to the 'Tala Bento' AO/HUD for mermaid swimming (it looks like it's basically a 'worn vehicle' as a way to keep me underwater or on the surface like a submarine or boat, and then switches to just being an AO when out of the linden water.

Screenshot2023-08-31230433.thumb.png.8c3512cc3af269f6e6bdd00d3be4c85b.png

If the animations you want are copy and modify, you can use AT Swimmer for swimming in water (and prims you put a script in so it would work in skyboxes)   You would need to copy the animations you want to your inventory, rename them to the appropriate animations you want in the AT Swimmer HUD, then replace the existing ones in the HUD with the new ones, and that should work pretty well without having to rely upon rez zones to rez a vehicle for more accurate swimming, and especially well if you want to set up your own water away from linden water.

The HUD itself is very nice, it lets you swim around at any depth you want, float on the top, and it is free on the marketplace.  I use it whenever I want to go for a dip, I've had pools setup in skyboxes that I would swim around in, and was going to use it for my mermaid outfit but the animations that came with my tail were no modify so I could not rename them to use for AT Swimmer.

I'm not sure why there is no natural way to swim in SL though, flying is just too fast, I really do wish the viewer offered a swim option or a means to slow down our own speed while walking, flying, running, etc.  I know I would especially like a speed adjustment for my pixie avatars, without having to rely on a HUD to slow them down.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Hot guitar at The Nightingale on Loveless Karma, one of the greatest sim names going...........

HotGuitar_001.thumb.jpg.dd166147fc442562d34ef3e40c051fde.jpg

Where's Tiggie? He should have crashed the stage!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1