Failed to find clothing named LeLUTKA.Hairbase.001.Brown in the database - Can Anyone Offer Help, Please ?

Eretz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

This message pops up each time I try to remove an item be it body part or HUD.

If I try to remove the mesh body, clothes, shape etc. the same message pops up and nothing changes - I cannot edit my avatar or see it because all is an orange cloud.

I tried all the Firestorm tips and nothing works.

I tried adding a new shape and hairbase but all I get is that error message and my avatar is an orange cloud.

I already trashed one avatar this week because of the same problem

Can anyone assist, please ?

14 minutes ago, Eretz said:

Hello,

This message pops up each time I try to remove an item be it body part or HUD.

If I try to remove the mesh body, clothes, shape etc. the same message pops up and nothing changes - I cannot edit my avatar or see it because all is an orange cloud.

I tried adding a new shape and hairbase but all I get is that error message and my avatar is an orange cloud.

I already trashed one avatar this week because of the same problem

Can anyone assist, please ?

Which firestorm tips did you try?

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

Is your inventory fully loading?

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

58 minutes ago, Eretz said:

The tips that you have tried usually work.  When they don't it's often because you have an underlying problem with your Internet connection.  It has nothing to do with your download speed.  It's about reliability.  When you log in (and again, when you move from one region to another), there's a flurry of activity between your viewer and the SL servers. Your local inventory cache needs to update, and a number of files that contain information about your avatar need to be verified and then made available to the region and to nearby avatars. The bottom line is that there is a lot of data in transit.  If any of it is delayed or corrupted, you can't finishing logging in properly, can't edit, can't do several other things.  One immediate problem is that your avatar can't finish loading, so it stays in its default "cloudy" state.

Connection problems can often be traced to your modem or router, so one common fix is to unplug both of them from the power for a minute or more, then plug them back in and restart everything.  In some cases, it can help to add a new DNS server to the list that is already in your router,   Many people like Google's free DNS servers for that. While you are checking hardware, take a look at cables and connectors to be sure that cat hasn't been chewing on them again and you haven't been rolling over them with your chair.  Finally, consider the possibility that your model or router are simply getting old and need replacing. They are fairly inexpensive components, so swapping them out every three or four years is not a big cost issue.

It can also be wise to avoid connecting with wifi, if you have that choice. Wifi signals can be easily corrupted by local electrical noise or can simply lose strength as they pass through walls.  For that reason, Linden Lab neither recommends nor supports wifi. 

If you've tried all those things and still have problems, you may need to get your ISP's attention. Doing that often means getting some basic test data to wave at them.  Take a look at Nalates's blog for suggestions.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind advice Rolig and Rowan -

Coincidentally it was the same error message with the account I deleted on Tuesday - easier to delete than to tell the ISP that a connection is not working when it has been fine all these years. (Superfast fibre) 

I tried the SL viewer and all those home-remedies to no avail. I'd trash this avatar as well except there were some inventory items I was building - very expensive game this. It makes for 5 lost avatars and inventories over the past years all in real money  !

Wish I could just trash it ! Apologies to David Bowie.

3 minutes ago, Eretz said:

I tried the SL viewer and all those home-remedies to no avail. I'd trash this avatar as well except there were some inventory items I was building - very expensive game this. It makes for 5 lost avatars and inventories over the past years all in real money  !

Being as the error had to to do with a Lelutka hairbase, I would delete the one that is in inventory and unpack a new copy.  It's possible that the one currently in your inventory has become corrupted. 

Did you try changing to one of the starter avatars - to see if gets rid of the orange cloud, and then recreating your mesh avatar (after replacing the hairbase with a fresh copy)?  

11 minutes ago, Eretz said:

Coincidentally it was the same error message with the account I deleted on Tuesday - easier to delete than to tell the ISP that a connection is not working when it has been fine all these years. (Superfast fibre) 

That should tell you that it's not a problem with your account.  It's more likely the connection.  Again, it has nothing to do with whether your Internet is "super fast."  The issue is whether it is dependable.  Unlike online games like WoW, SL updates information on both your viewer and its servers in real time, 45 times a second.  Packet loss and long ping times can really mess things up, so that your viewer and the servers are out of sync or are missing key information.  It's usually not an issue in your ISP's shop (although I had a problem years ago that was traced to a corroded connection at the street), so check out your own equipment carefully before you turn to them.

Hi Rolig,

Thanks for the kind message.

Strangely enough the issue resolved itself thanks to hero Leonard - the standard avatar. When I selected a new avatar from the LL collection the cloud disappeared and I was able to

style my avatar again after re-delivering everything.

Yes the superfast connection does need replacing it has been around a couple of years now - we're waiting for hyperfast gigabit fibre which should be online next year sometime. The company that won the contract has just dug up all of the sidewalks in town to install the new gear for this venture. Can't wait. One day .... sigh ... we could all be ninjas:-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eretz said:

Strangely enough the issue resolved itself thanks to hero Leonard - the standard avatar. When I selected a new avatar from the LL collection the cloud disappeared and I was able to

style my avatar again after re-delivering everything.

Lovely!  Congratulations.  I hope it wasn't coincidental or -- if it was -- that it keeps working for you.  These things involve a fair amount of mystery -- magic even. As they say in the movies when things go right unexpectedly, "Don't ask questions.  Just take the money and run."

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Lovely!  Congratulations.  I hope it wasn't coincidental or -- if it was -- that it keeps working for you.  These things involve a fair amount of mystery -- magic even. As they say in the movies when things go right unexpectedly, "Don't ask questions.  Just take the money and run."

It's not a coincidence. One thing that sometimes fixes these issues is switching to a new outfit (a newbie avatar simply being a new outfit as far as the system is concerned). It's what I was going to recommend before seeing it'd already been done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eretz said:

When I selected a new avatar from the LL collection the cloud disappeared and I was able to style my avatar again after re-delivering everything

I do this a lot when something about my avatar gets messed up. It solves a lot of issues so rememember how you did it for next time. Because there will be a next time. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.