Jump to content
  • 0

Changed my paypal email...does SL need to know?


Fauxglove Silverweb
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've recently updated my Paypal account from a private to a business account, and in the process I've attached a new email address to that account.

I export a significant sum of money from Second Life monthly through a custom mesh business, and it is extremely important to m that the L$>USD pipeline isn't interrupted. I need to know if I need to update my information on SL's website to make sure the money gets into the right paypal account, or if it will automatically detect that the email has changed and adjust appropriately.  If I need to update the email, I need to know where  this option would be.  The "Update billing information" section only asks for a new credit card.

Thank you for the help!

 

(Edit for resolution)

Called the billing department at 703-286-6277

The official recommendation is to go to the billing section of the account page, entirely delete the PayPal account association, and re-link the account using the new email. If a payment is lost due to the transition, they said to call back with the transaction information and they could retrieve it.

Edited by Fauxglove Silverweb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Why would you not contact support directly for this information? It seems to me that for such important transactions of large sums of money you'd want to get the answer directly from the billing department.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

If I understand you correctly, the e-mail address that you updated is the address that PayPal uses for communicating with you (and vice versa).  Tilia knows how to find PayPal.  To transfer money for you, the information that they need is your PayPal account info.  If that hasn't changed, I think you are probably OK.  In the interest of being sure, instead of taking the word of anyone here who is just giving you their best guess, I suggest that you call the LL Billing Office in the morning.  The billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.  Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Why would you not contact support directly for this information? It seems to me that for such important transactions of large sums of money you'd want to get the answer directly from the billing department.

That's the first thing I did.

However, my cash-out is on the 15th, and I have had difficulty getting official support from LL in the past. I have no clue when they'll respond, if they'll respond with a form letter unrelated to my issue , and how many times I'll have to re-open the same ticket to get a live answer.

The second thing I did was come here to ask this question, as this community is generally kind, supportive, and willing to help anxious concerned individuals without too much running around.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, Fauxglove Silverweb said:

The second thing I did was come here to ask this question, as this community is generally kind, supportive, and willing to help anxious concerned individuals without too much running around.

That was a good idea.  For something as important as this, though, you shouldn't settle for wise but unofficial guesses from other SL residents.  Give the billing office a call tomorrow.  If you are outside of North America, use Skype or a similar service to save costs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If I understand you correctly, the e-mail address that you updated is the address that PayPal uses for communicating with you (and vice versa).  Tilia knows how to find PayPal.  To transfer money for you, the information that they need is your PayPal account info.  If that hasn't changed, I think you are probably OK.  In the interest of being sure, instead of taking the word of anyone here who is just giving you their best guess, I suggest that you call the LL Billing Office in the morning.  The billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.  Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

You understand me correctly, and I appreciate the suggestion.  Hearing that at least reduces the anxiety some.  I don't have much experience mucking around with paypal; I set it in 2008 and haven't thought about it since.

I'll be making that call in the morning, I had hoped that this was a common enough question that it could be answered with authority here.  It would've saved me an hour on hold on my day off, all my research keeps turning up unrelated articles from 2007.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

My PayPal info that I give LL is the email address associated with the PayPal account.  If that email address changes, then I would think that I would need to delete the current PayPal info and add the new -- there is no way to just change the email address as the email address is basically the key to the PayPal account.

I would definitely contact Billing to be sure. 

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...