Jump to content

Are we all being too nice ?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I did not have a dog in this fight because I chose to stay out of it, but you dragged me in by insinuating that I am in this imaginary "clique" you have by posting that youtube link implying I am part of some "in crowd" when throughout this thread I was having a bit of a dialogue with @Silent Mistwalker and posted with a laugh when I found the calls for an apology funny because we all went through that with the last person you white knighted and look how well that went!  

I'm sorry Jordan but I very much see you as a person who needs the support of others too much, and you've chosen to be a part of the group on this forum that likes to bond together by shoving others out of the group or otherwise dissing them, as this particular section of the forum did with Bagnu and is attempting to accomplish with Fairre. The fact that you'd bring up your victorious achievement in excluding Bagnu with glee, his failed attempt to not be persecuted even after he apologized, only demonstrates you revel in cementing your attachment to the goals of this 'in-group'.

And I don't "white knight" anybody; I attempt to defend those who are being unfairly persecuted by the larger, and thereby more powerful, group that is attempting to scapegoat them. Currently this is Fairre. I have attempted to point out that the ways in which many want to discredit her (the fact that she is frequently not clear in her speech and goes off-topic) is not within her control and so it's unfair to make fun of it or attempt to change her in ways that can't be changed. 

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yet again a certain someone decides that they speak for the "poor defenseless" people that know no better, all while engaging in horrific abelism and being condescending to the people actually affected. Showing that they don't really give a ***** about the issues they claim to champion.

 

I'm apart of no clique, I've even at times agreed with this person on points. But ***** it.  I'm tired of constantly being  looked down on. Autistic people don't need to be fricking coddled.  even those "low functioning"  people are far more capable then you or society seem to care to aknwoledged. It's a cognitive brain development thing. Not some magical process that turns us all into innocent  uwu babies who need to be protected from everything.

But hey at least the  op was answered, just not in the way poor  op wanted.   Thiis fourm isn't too nice.  It's pretty much needs to become nicer. Because gods forbid you be neurodiverse, disabled or another kind of minoirty on this hellsite.

I guess you can consider this my flounce. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

The unbelievable irony is not anything to do with "bullying forumites" picking on anyone, but because you constantly bully and belittle anyone who does not buy into or agree with whatever ludicrous SJW/virtue signalling propaganda you post.

I'm not sure you realize it as you seem to be so enmeshed in political/Twitter jargon and so frame all your debate accordingly, but it is insulting to accuse someone of of being a "social justice warrior" or simply "virtue signaling" or focused on being "woke" when they simply care about oppressed people and attempt to defend them. With your accusatory, political definitions you are attempting to totally discredit me and others you see standing up for the rights of marginalized and/or oppressed people in our world. I've always been this way; it's what I learned in my Social Work studies (to understand and help the marginalized groups with less power in society)...far before your political words ever became popular.

I do not attempt to "bully" anyone; I confront those who are bullying others in an attempt to stop the abuse.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Yet again a certain someone decides that they speak for the "poor defenseless" people that know no better, all while engaging in horrific abelism and being condescending to the people actually affected. Showing that they don't really give a ***** about the issues they claim to champion.

Autistic people are in no way "poor and defenseless", and I've never claimed this, so do stop projecting. As I said before, I've worked with autistic people in a professional capacity and I certainly don't see them as defenseless. Autistic people have certain issues which sometimes place them at a disadvantage, and I don't like seeing others persecute them when it's difficult for them to be the way the greater society sometimes wants.

It's not condescending or "ableism" to want to help anyone I see having troubles, to defend them against those who don't understand their dynamics. I would do that with any marginalized group or individual who is not defending themselves well -- why should I exclude autistic people?

I would never attempt to help anyone who didn't want that help.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When someone continues to backpedal and deny what they said, they should b be called on it.  Otherwise, they will continue posting without reread and rewriting what it is they actually want to say.  

You're wrong, Luna

You were wrong in quite a few of your statements because you assumed people were responding to something she didn't say.  You got mean about it even.  Asking for an acknowledgment and perhaps an apology (although not really the point) is NOT bullying.

Oops, I guess I did say that, sorry.  What I really meant to say was...

Even now, you're going on about something that isn't really happening.

Most negativity in the last few pages is directed by you or at you, not Fairre.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the? Who the hell have I been hanging  out with here that I don't know about? Has one of my alts been posing as me or something? 🙄

That's just rich. Accusing the fifth wheel of being in a clique. I'm a  loner. Always have been, always will be. And now you know why I am a  loner. PEOPLE SUCK.

Talk about unfair persecution. JFC. The stupid. It burns.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm sorry Jordan but I very much see you as a person who needs the support of others too much, and you've chosen to be a part of the group on this forum that likes to bond together by shoving others out of the group or otherwise dissing them, as this particular section of the forum did with Bagnu and is attempting to accomplish with Fairre. The fact that you'd bring up your victorious achievement in excluding Bagnu with glee, his failed attempt to not be persecuted even after he apologized, only demonstrates you revel in cementing your attachment to the goals of this 'in-group'.

And I don't "white knight" anybody; I attempt to defend those who are being unfairly persecuted by the larger, and thereby more powerful, group that is attempting to scapegoat them. Currently this is Fairre. I have attempted to point out that the ways in which many are attempted to discredit her (the fact that she is frequently not clear in her speech and goes off-topic) is not within her control and so it's unfair to make fun of it or attempt to change her in ways that can't be changed. 

I have never needed the support of anyone.  I mean, just look at how many people I made cry by saying peanut butter is EW!  And also how many times I close down this forum and step away for weeks at a time.  

I was a lone voice in the early days of C-19 and how it was a more serious issue than BLM, I was a lone voice against defunding the police and was ridiculed and run out of those threads - by you.  I don't need or want the clout.  I am capable and happy to stand on my own and say what I think and believe in.  If people agree with me, fine.  If people think I am an idiot for what I say, fine.  At least I OWN what I say.  

Just because I agree with what someone says or they agree with what I say doesn't make us some little cabal of forum evil just waiting to eviscerate the next person to say something silly.  

I had NOTHING whatsoever to do with any posts against @FairreLilette in this thread.  I believe I may have disagreed with some of Fairre's posts in previous threads, but whether or not I said anything, well I don't honestly remember.  Fairre is welcome to hit me up and remind me if I was.

And Bagnu excluded her/himself by their own words and deeds.  I was just one of the many who (independently) called them out on it.

You might want to take time to also find out why you have this almost pathological need to be the saviour of the downtrodden and disenfranchised inbetween your persecution complex therapies.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When someone continues to backpedal and deny what they said, they should b be called on it.  Otherwise, they will continue posting without reread and rewriting what it is they actually want to say.  

You're wrong, Luna

You were wrong in quite a few of your statements because you assumed people were responding to something she didn't say.  You got mean about it even.  Asking for an acknowledgment and perhaps an apology (although not really the point) is NOT bullying.

You are assuming she was backpedaling, and you're assuming your interpretation of what she said is correct and the only right way to view it. What gives you the right to define other people's reality?

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Even now, you're going on about something that isn't really happening.

Most negativity in the last few pages is directed by you or at you, not Fairre.

As I said before, this dynamic (with Fairre) has been going on for a long while, for months(years?) and so focusing on only this thread does not encompass the problem.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

There's the subtle difference between us, Maddy, despite the fact that we were obviously separated at birth.

but

I'm the stick in the mud, still trying the use the rules I was taught.  You are the maverick, making new rules.  😉

You're hardly a stick in the mud, Sis. The punctuation rules you were taught are sensible and useful. You'd ignore or abandon rules that aren't, and be accepting of those like me who don't know better, so long as we make some effort. A stick in the mud would not accept the punctuation of "Grow. Up.", much less discuss the nuances of it.

A stick in the mud also wouldn't value silliness. Though we were separated at birth, it wasn't by much. If there is a difference, it's that you don't like the sound of your own voice as much as I like the sound of mine...

...or yours.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

At least one of the people who agreed with me this time was part of the problem recently when I commented on anti-dyslexic insults. Consider that my comment is because I've had enough of everyone doing this, rather than just one person. I don't disagree that things like reactions could be used as part of bullying, but if you can understand why that can hurt, I don't see how you could not understand why the things I'm talking about can hurt. Small things add up. That's the whole point of what I was saying.

Polenth Yue, I have never been in a discussion about those with Dyslexia and I am fully diagnosed with Dyslexia from a young age, having to learn to read with a card over the whole page that shows only one sentence at a time.  Once I learned the first sentence, the card could be moved down so I could then begin to attempt to understand the second sentence, and so on to the third sentence, etc. 

I have never seen any anti-dyslexic posts ever on SL forums but what I forgot to say in my other post was that I wish I could have been involved in that other discussion as I would have liked to have seen what was written and been able to speak, but now I am beginning to see your point here that it is not helping to discuss it and I am feeling all confused now for bringing it up.  I would, however, like to believe the SL community would not shut out those with disabilities.  I don't even like the grammar Nazi's; it's must too much for me to handle at times and makes me angry frankly.

If I flounce, it's because I really don't like all the drama here that I feel is needlessly created in very many ways plus I am wanting to go into the decentralized world now with my own art.  EEP not running well on my machine plus it's too time consuming for me and a hassle (maybe that's my Dyslexia), it turned out to be one of the biggest positives in my life as it led me elsewhere - to decentralization (I am not speaking of Decentraland here).  

Be good to one another.  Too many pies being thrown at each other, imo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I was a lone voice in the early days of C-19 and how it was a more serious issue than BLM, I was a lone voice against defunding the police and was ridiculed and run out of those threads - by you.

You were terribly disrespectful toward the needs of Black people during that whole episode, and also totally ignorant about the problems we have in the U.S. I never "ran you out" but instead confronted you and tried to educate on the problems we have in the U.S. and our oppression of Blacks. I believe it was Beth you were sparring with the most, and I do remember her ridiculing you yes.

6 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

You might want to take time to also find out why you have this almost pathological need to be the saviour of the downtrodden and disenfranchised inbetween your persecution complex therapies.

I have no pathological need to save the downtrodden. I'm especially aware of power dynamics and don't like abuses of power. When I see an abuse I tend to confront it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm especially aware of power dynamics and don't like abuses of power. When I see an abuse I tend to confront it.

With all due respect, you do seem to sometimes see abuses that aren't really there. Sometimes it is your own unresolved projections maybe.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I am fully diagnosed with Dyslexia from a young age

Thanks for revealing your dyslexia. I know many don't like to have their diagnoses known, as society is still quite prejudiced against those with dyslexia -- often they are seen as having some sort of brain damage or exhibiting willful maleficence when they're having troubles writing and comprehending written text.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm especially aware of power dynamics and don't like abuses of power. When I see an abuse I tend to confront it.

With all due respect, you do seem to sometimes see abuses that aren't really there. Sometimes it is your own unresolved projections maybe.

I might sometimes see abuses that aren't there. But it's also true that many don't see insensitive behavior and even accept it as the norm.

Generally I don't comment on it when I see it, but when I see a gang-up in process (as was happening with Fairre on this thread), I tend to speak up.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

@Luna Bliss

I was gonna reply, but reminded myself that only a stupid person continues doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.  

So congrats, you win.  See ya in another few weeks boards!!!

I seldom seek to win -- usually I seek to know the truth.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You are assuming she was backpedaling, and you're assuming your interpretation of what she said is correct and the only right way to view it. What gives you the right to define other people's reality?

As I said before, this dynamic (with Fairre) has been going on for a long while, for months(years?) and so focusing on only this thread does not encompass the problem.

Unless you first language isn't English, the backpedaling and denying are obvious.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:54 PM, FairreLilette said:

I did not intentionally nor unintentionally compare autistic people to children.   I'm talking about inappropriate reactions and honestly they can effect grown relationships as well especially those of partners.  I was going to make a list but wasn't sure I was heard at all anyway.  There are many ways someone could misunderstood the confused reaction when it's not a confusing post or misunderstand a laugh at their post when it isn't funny.  I am mostly talking about newbies in my posts though and how that is perceived.  One doesn't know the person here or their background.  Autism is not an age if you didn't read my other post.

 

On 6/25/2021 at 8:48 PM, FairreLilette said:

I never said any such thing.  I think I said something along the lines of children or age is not the point I was making.  I don't even remember now.

Then,  when shown what she did actually say...

On 6/25/2021 at 8:57 PM, FairreLilette said:

Oh I see.  Okay, you said there are no children here age-wise.  And then, I replied this below to your post where you said there are no children here age-wise:

 

That's not the point at all and you know it (meaning age and children).  I was thinking of autistic people (too I should have put the word too here) that may come to the forums here as well and how that could be confusing.  And, as a matter of fact, one posted in this thread.

The part in parenthesis above is what was edit in this response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I might sometimes see abuses that aren't there. But it's also true that many don't see insensitive behavior and even accept it as the norm.

Generally I don't comment on it when I see it, but when I see a gang-up in process (as was happening with Fairre on this thread), I tend to speak up.

Well I do agree with you on the gang up on Fairre, I thought it was unnecessary and somewhat unfair as I have seen posts of hers that were confusing and made me wonder at more so then the posts of ones outing themselves now as being on the autistic spectrum.

As to insensitive behaviour, I would say we are all prone to it, some more then others....and without naming any names, sometimes the pot meet kettle meme is entirely appropriate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Unless you first language isn't English, the backpedaling and denying are obvious.

Not to me, and not to many others.

It seems it's obvious to those who want to demonize her though...not just on this thread but in many instances throughout the forum..

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Not to me, and not to many others.

It seems it's obvious to those who want to demonize her though...not just on this thread but in many instances throughout the forum..

You were still wrong.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well I do agree with you on the gang up on Fairre, I thought it was unnecessary and somewhat unfair as I have seen posts of hers that were confusing and made me wonder at more so then the posts of ones outing themselves now as being on the autistic spectrum.

As to insensitive behaviour, I would say we are all prone to it, some more then others....and without naming any names, sometimes the pot meet kettle meme is entirely appropriate.

Sure, we are all insensitive at times. I just don't believe in gang-ups....scapegoating...criticizing someone so much that they feel the need to leave the forum.

I've been insensitive to you at times -- it's been hard not to be because I see many of your beliefs as harming others. Strange as it may seem though, if I saw a gang-up on you I'd be there to defend you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...