Are we all being too nice ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I quoted it above.

Oh I see.  Okay, you said there are no children here age-wise.  And then, I replied this below to your post where you said there are no children here age-wise:

That's not the point at all and you know it (meaning age and children).  I was thinking of autistic people (too I should have put the word too here) that may come to the forums here as well and how that could be confusing.  And, as a matter of fact, one posted in this thread.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Sometimes yes...all I do is stare at my avi and wonder why I all my relationships inworld fail and why I cut myself off from interactions.  Since the common denominator is me, I figure it is something I need to work on!

But I also have a split screen on my monitor, so I am often watching youtubes or movies, sorting my inventory, shopping, taking pictures or cruising these boards.  

Why yes I do take a book into the loo when I go!  I value "me" time!

And breathing is overrated!

How come, when I look in a mirror, I don't see you? 😲 😊

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's a staged shot. lol 

Or haven't you heard/seen the Jordan Nike's? That's what's in the picture.  #23 Michael Jordan... basketball.

She wanted a vomit in your mouth emoji for a reaction button so I gave her one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Solar twists the meaning and then Orwar jumps in....now others are repeating it who most likely never read how the whole thing progressed.

I had the same interpretation the minute I read the post and made my own reply before I ever read what Solar, Orwar or anyone else posted.  See page 10, half way down the page.

Thus, how do you know that others did not do the same thing?

You sound like you are bound and determined to make Solar wrong on this, regardless of what might have happened or how anyone else viewed the original comments.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I never said any such thing.  I think I said something along the lines of children or age is not the point I was making.  I don't even remember now.

Rowan quoted it all.  Here are the quotes again -- and I have highlighted the specific parts to refresh your memory.  Those are you exact words.  One statement about children and inappropriate reactions.  The next statement says you were thinking of autistic people.

Maybe just say sorry for offending folks and move on.

image.png.a4282cc9fbe12b1193cc5e9c73c217ba.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh I see.  Okay, you said there are no children here age-wise.  And then, I replied this below to your post where you said there are no children here age-wise:

That's not the point at all and you know it (meaning age and children).  I was thinking of autistic people (too I should have put the word too here) that may come to the forums here as well and how that could be confusing.  And, as a matter of fact, one posted in this thread.

It's hard for someone marginalised to come forward and say something is hurtful. It's difficult to get across that even if something seems small or unintentional, it's something that happens constantly. It's the difference between one pin sticking in you and a thousand. Linking one group with another group by just happening to always mention them in the same context is one of the classics.

The times I've said something about anything like this on the forums, it's never ended with anyone apologising. Usually people telling me I'm wrong and then mods deleting it all (but often not the comments that started it, as the moderators only really deal with outright insults). Most times, I just keep quiet, because the original comments hurt less than the way people respond.

So if you really want to help people and stand up for them, don't respond this way when you're told you've missed the mark. The fact that it's hard for someone to come forward and say something means you know they're not doing it for fun or to make you look bad. They're not misunderstanding on purpose. They're understanding something that you don't experience and that hurt.

(The on-topic end to that being that most people don't like being slapped in the face constantly, so the idea that everyone being nasty to each other would help newbies stay.... we really need one of those faces with the horrified wide eyes for that one.)

Edited by Polenth Yue
I got censored.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

(The on-topic end to that being that most people don't like being slapped in the face constantly, so the idea that everyone being nasty to each other would help newbies stay.... we really need one of those faces with the horrified wide eyes for that one.)

The kind of dumpster fire seen in this thread would be really hard to recreate in world with avatars and local chat. Not to say people can't and don't say stupid thoughtless or offensive things, they just don't get to burn hundreds of words on a soapbox pontificating about it.

The threshold for blocking and walking away is also a lot lower in world

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The kind of dumpster fire seen in this thread would be really hard to recreate in world with avatars and local chat. Not to say people can't and don't say stupid thoughtless or offensive things, they just don't get to burn hundreds of words on a soapbox pontificating about it.

The threshold for blocking and walking away is also a lot lower in world

Not to mention very few region owners would ever allow this kind of behavior on their land. There would multiple bannings immediately.  Might I add, thank god for that.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Rowan quoted it all.  Here are the quotes again -- and I have highlighted the specific parts to refresh your memory.  Those are you exact words.  One statement about children and inappropriate reactions.  The next statement says you were thinking of autistic people.

Maybe just say sorry for offending folks and move on.

image.png.a4282cc9fbe12b1193cc5e9c73c217ba.png

7 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

She has since corrected herself.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.