UUID help please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For about 3 weeks I've been getting tons of offliners to my sl email sent from my UUID, have enclosed image of what I receive via email, I have noobied myself and have nothing rezzed of mine atm but this is happening 5 or 6 times a day and when I log onto sl my IMs are capped but there is zero msgs. Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this please. 

Screenshot_20210613_200545_com.google.android.gm.jpg

• Like 1

I can not check as I am not inworld at the moment but is this your own UUID?
Did you click some funky link lately?

Do you get those messages when you are online longer too?
Is the email address sending you those offline IMs really an official Linden Lab one?

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure out/rule out what it could be T^T ❤️

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, aisling0grace said:

have nothing rezzed of mine atm

Possibly an item that you dropped that is transparent.  Use the Firestorm viewer and use the Area Search function - specify yourself as the Owner of the object and see if it finds anything. You might have to turn on Highlight Transparent to see it -- can't remember off the top of my head what menu that is under or what the shortcut keys are.

• Like 1

The lazy solution would be to just block the object. . .

If you log into SL and read whatever message it sent you (in your local chat window) you can click on the name of the object and it will give you a link to teleport right to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Possibly an item that you dropped that is transparent.  Use the Firestorm viewer and use the Area Search function - specify yourself as the Owner of the object and see if it finds anything. You might have to turn on Highlight Transparent to see it -- can't remember off the top of my head what menu that is under or what the shortcut keys are.

Ctrl+alt+T is the shortcut ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually, the IM gives me a SURL link I can click on to teleport to the object doing the sending.  I get this from a rezzer script I use all the time, but maybe its the script that gives me the SURL.  If you script, or have a scripter friend, they can use llGetObjectDetails() to get the object position for you, if its on the same region as the script or in some cases a nearby region.

==> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetObjectDetails

This is rather odd.  The item that it sending the e-mail identifies itself as 987c2b09-ed8a-4190-918c-fa23edd618ee, not as "Object" or "Aisling's Box" or any other name. When you receive a message (by llSay, llRegionSay, llInstantMessage, or whatever), the sender is identified in your chat by name, not by UUID.  Unless, of course, someone has named an item by using 987c2b09-ed8a-4190-918c-fa23edd618ee as a name.  I suspect that you either own a scripted object or have touched a scripted object that is designed to change its name when you click on it. It then sends you that annoying message over and over again.  It would be very easy to write a script that does that, but I can't understand why anybody would do it on purpose, except to bug you.  As other people have suggested, it should be very easy to find the thing.  Then go to it and either delete it (if you can) or mute it and send an AR to Linden Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.