Any Jobs on any General Sims?

xLeadMarex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I mentioned in your other post about this same subject, if you search inworld with only General search turned on, you'll find what clubs/places are on General regions.  Hop over, check it out and ask someone if there is a job available.  Most, if not all, places I've seen post in the employment section are on Moderate regions.  

On 6/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, Rowan Amore said:

As I mentioned in your other post about this same subject, if you search inworld with only General search turned on, you'll find what clubs/places are on General regions.  Hop over, check it out and ask someone if there is a job available.  Most, if not all, places I've seen post in the employment section are on Moderate regions.  

I tried, that's why I'm asking again, most General that I've checked out either are seeking for professional builders, 3D modelers, artists, etc.

Jobs that I can do that are in General areas are closed down or abandoned. So I literally had no luck unless I force myself to do something I'll hate doing just for the sake of money/linden.

45 minutes ago, xLeadMarex said:

Because I'm under 18 but still wanna make money, yes.

If you're under 18 that's all the more reason to learn a 'professional' skill, as you (probably) have more free time to do so than most adults on SL, and also (probably) have a better baseline technical aptitude.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend LSL as a first programming language, but it's not that hard to learn (from the perspective of someone who had some but not extensive progrmamming experience before looking at LSL) and IMO basic scripting is a skill that anyone your age ought to have as the basic principals are universally applicable to other scripting/programming things.

• Like 1

Ah, you make a compelling argument- However, unlike most other kids, my pre 18 life is far more cluttered up with time wasting demands of the "household superiors" and less actual free time to well, myself. It's comparable to a house maid or butler constantly on duty with more limitations than normal and given no time to have a break.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, xLeadMarex said:

Ah, you make a compelling argument- However, unlike most other kids, my pre 18 life is far more cluttered up with time wasting demands of the "household superiors" and less actual free time to well, myself. It's comparable to a house maid or butler constantly on duty with more limitations than normal and given no time to have a break.

If your don't have a lot of free time though, learning a skill and being able to market that skill would actually seem like a better idea.  You can work on something, set it aside to do RL tasks and then come back and continue.  Any job in SL will probably require a defined amount of time spent doing it.  Shifts at clubs run 2 hours on average.  They'd expect you to be present for those 2 hours.

Learning scripting, photography, building are all things you can so as time permits.  If hired to do one of those jobs, again, work on them when you can.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, xLeadMarex said:

time wasting demands of the "household superiors"

Another thing to consider, is that if you don't have decent control of your time that makes you much less hire-able. Few and far between are the jobs where you can just work whenever you feel like it/aren't being nagged by your guardian units. "Content creation" type things offer a lot more flexibility there.

Edit: Rowan said the thing I was saying but better.

Edited by Quistessa
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.