Attachable/Wearable Horse-Drawn Vehicles (With Horse Included)?

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for horse-drawn vehicles that you can attach to your avatar or wear anywhere, without the need to rez a carriage or a horse.

I think I've seen just a few over the years, of varying quality but there don't seem to be hardly any at all; quite a few vehicles need rezzing but come with an attachable horse, or need rezzing and has the need to supply your own attachable horse (this usually seems to not work, because these horses are made for riding, not hitching to a carriage) Some vehicles also need rezzing, but seem exclusively designed for horse avatars.

The RealHorse Rideable Stanhope Gig and Goddard Buggy from Elite Equestrian are the best ones I've found and the first one that comes to mind; I'm wondering if there are any others like these; horse AND carriage included, attachable and complete with sounds and animations. I've seen sleighs as well; I'm wondering if there are any carriages that are much LARGER or much smaller, but are solely for personal use only, without the need to rez. In fact, the ones I've mentioned often explicitly state DO NOT REZ. Some carriages I've seen can carry up to four passengers and come with two or even four horses. These are always the rezzable variety. Perhaps there are even vehicles that are pulled by animals other than horses!

If anybody knows any others and can make recommendations, I would be most thankful and appreciative. Let me know;

- Charlotte Sinclair

E-AnimeshRealHorseRideable-ASB-StanhopeGig.jpg

E-AnimeshRealHorseRideable-Saddlebred-GoddardBuggy.jpg

Edited by LottaSinclair

I'm not entirely sure whether you can wear the Teagle ones, but they have a very nice-looking carriage for some of their horses. If I recall correctly, you can wear the horses to ride them in no-rez regions .. I may have to dust mine off and have a look.

Thank you so much, Orwar. 

Yes, please do... let me know how it goes.

I know you can wear the Teegle horses, but all of the carriages I've seen for Teegle require rezzing, whether it's for a horse or a horse avatar.

I'm specifically looking for horse and carriage sets that you can just attach and ride without the need to rez anything, like the ones I've mentioned above. 

Edited by LottaSinclair

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm a bit late, but I can confirm that carriages on teeglepet horses can be worn. You will need a space to rez where you can link the carriage to the horse initially. Once it's linked, you can pick up the horse and carriage as a single object and wear it from your inventory.

There's a set of instructions here that you can use to link almost any carriage with modify permissions to your teeglepet: https://www.teeglepet.com/how-to-make-a-cart

And a few carriages listed here that are already set up by the creator to be ready to link to your teeglepet out of the box: https://www.teeglepet.com/blog/tags/carriages

For an added bonus, the Frankfurt Carriage from Teegle is also fully animated, with moving reins, lanterns, and front axle! It's very cool ^^

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teager said:

Hi! I'm a bit late, but I can confirm that carriages on teeglepet horses can be worn. You will need a space to rez where you can link the carriage to the horse initially. Once it's linked, you can pick up the horse and carriage as a single object and wear it from your inventory.

There's a set of instructions here that you can use to link almost any carriage with modify permissions to your teeglepet: https://www.teeglepet.com/how-to-make-a-cart

And a few carriages listed here that are already set up by the creator to be ready to link to your teeglepet out of the box: https://www.teeglepet.com/blog/tags/carriages

For an added bonus, the Frankfurt Carriage from Teegle is also fully animated, with moving reins, lanterns, and front axle! It's very cool ^^

Thank you so much, Teager.

I'll have to look into it and play around a little, but this changes things substantially. 

Although aren't Teeglepet horses animated with riding in mind, instead of pulling vehicles? It would look very odd to link a carriage to a horse and then both you and the horse animate as if you're riding the horse itself, but you're not. You're riding the carriage, but you're moving up and down as if you're on the horse.

Also, it seems many carriages are only made for a specific horse or horses thus not every horse is compatible with every carriage; this can complicate things quickly.

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Edited by LottaSinclair

18 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Thank you so much, Teager.

I'll have to look into it and play around a little, but this changes things substantially. 

Although aren't Teeglepet horses animated with riding in mind, instead of pulling vehicles? It would look very odd to link a carriage to a horse and then both you and the horse animate as if you're riding the horse itself, but you're not. You're riding the carriage, but you're moving up and down as if you're on the horse.

Also, it seems many carriages are only made for a specific horse or horses thus not every horse is compatible with every carriage; this can complicate things quickly.

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Your horse can have multiple animation config notecards for riding and using a carriage. The Carriage set-up instructions will walk you through how to create an alternate animation configuration for any modifiable non-teeglepet carriage (carriages made for teegle avatar, water horse, breeder's choice, or elite equestrian) using the passenger animations inside the carriage. Carriages specifically made for teeglepet should come with an installer ready to go that will install the animations and config notecard on your horse with just a click, so you can skip the custom mod work. Once you've set up the alternate config, you can swap between the riding config and the carriage config whenever you need.

The Frankfurt Carriage by Teegle is really the only carriage that will only work with specific breeds, because it is custom rigged and animated. Any unrigged carriage (which currently is any other carriage besides Frankfurt) can work on any breed. The part that will be breed-specific for those is actually only the harness :)

Edited by Teager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.