I'm being targeted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am here, enjoying the forum. there is one individual who has started to react to my posts negatively with the confused reaction, even though my posts are easy to understand with no confusion to be felt by anyone. I asked this person to reply with words instead of the confusion, which does not add anything beneficial to my posts.

Their reply was a confused reaction to my post, which was not confusing.

I don't know what I have said in other thread to irritate them but this is harassment, is it not?

I had tried sending them a message first but they have messages disabled.

Possibly because they target multiples of people in the same way I am being treated.

I want to continue participating but not when I am being stalked by this person.

I've also noticed their written replies to people are very negative.

Am I allowed to report this person for harassment?

Does getting a confused reactio0n give me negative points?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I don't think you are being targeted or harrassed, you only received 2 confused reactions. And those reactions are a feature of the forum for anybody to use, we may not like the way some people use them but in no way are they harrassing. It won't affect your standing on the forum, they aren't like upvotes or downvotes.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

This isn't a helpful reply. this is a troll comment. Please do not bully me in my thread.

Lol, I'm not bullying nor is it a trolling comment. I'm simply waiting for the coming storm that these kinds of posts usually bring. Your situation is actually quite common as theres a bunch of people who use reactions as an actual form of trolling to get a rise out of others. Honestly, I would just ignore the reactions. They are meaningless anyways.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I don't think you are being targeted or harrassed, you only received 2 confused reactions. And those reactions are a feature of the forum for anybody to use, we may not like the way some people use them but in no way are they harrassing. It won't affect your standing on the forum, they aren't like upvotes or downvotes.

Ok, that's good to know. Thank you so much for the informative reply.

I just remembered the person had reacted with a confused reaction when another prominent user of the forums made a thread that was deleted by the moderators, since it was advertising stores of sales etc.

From then on, this person now targets me when they see me chat in threads. They refuse to talk to me. So right now it's only 2 but it feels like they will continue to do it, just to get under my skin and not be interactive with me.

I prefer to discuss with people, not a confused reaction when my posts are not confusing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Lol, I'm not bullying nor is it a trolling comment. I'm simply waiting for the coming storm that these kinds of posts usually bring. Your situation is actually quite common as theres a bunch of people who use reactions as an actual form of trolling to get a rise out of others. Honestly, I would just ignore the reactions. They are meaningless anyways.

It really is a form of bullying. To throw a gif of a guy eating popcorn shows you do not care about the person being targeted, and you have come to watch for fun. Fun for you because you enjoy watching people being attacked. Bullies do this everywhere online. It's rude and hurtful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I prefer to discuss with people, not a confused reaction when my posts are not confusing.

Their confusion says more about them then about you or your post, especially if they seem to be confused in general with other people's posts. Consider the source and move on is my take.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Hi, I am here, enjoying the forum. there is one individual who has started to react to my posts negatively with the confused reaction, even though my posts are easy to understand with no confusion to be felt by anyone. I asked this person to reply with words instead of the confusion, which does not add anything beneficial to my posts.

I don't know what I have said in other thread to irritate them but this is harassment, is it not?

Possibly because they target multiples of people in the same way I am being treated.

I want to continue participating but not when I am being stalked by this person.

Thank your lucky stars you are getting off so easy; the forums are an ugly place.  

Look at the old 2003 through 2005 forum archives; they were about second life.  

Now, not so much.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Consider the source and move on is my take.

Yes, I really should do this. thank you for your kind and honest reply. This person's first confused reaction felt more like an upset reaction, when I had asked the prominent user why it was allowed for them to advertise stores, but not for me, as it was for a sponsor. A sponsor I took on to give exposure to, her store being here since 2009 and then her 2nd store since 2015. My interest was hers, not for me. Somehow "bloggers" get a bad rap in SL, as if we are all the same.

anyhow, that is where it started and now this person does it out of spite for their own dark pleasure of creating misery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

getting off so easy; the forums are an ugly place

Yes, they are. I have had to block a few people here.

Thankfully I no longer get the laughing reaction from the blocked person. I wish reactions could be blocked too, just like in-world; anything they do is automatically blocked with account blocking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I'm done with this thread and shall be requesting to have my thread closed.

Threads don't close unless they go off the rails.  Once you start one, it's no longer yours; it's an opportunity for group discussion.  That's usually a good thing, because later discussions can add new insights or contrary opinions. Moderators may stop further posts when a thread goes wildly off topic or starts to involve personal attacks or other violations of the community standards. 

Arielle's right, BTW. Regardless of what anyone might have meant by adding an emoticon to your post, you can safely ignore it.  You can easily work yourself into a tizzy by imagining what is in someone else's mind. As long as that's the only response you get, it's not worth stewing over.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I personally think reaction responses are a huge benefit and help to take a lot of heat out of discussions.

I suppose that could be true, especially if the alternative is a wordy paragraph of loaded opinions that do little more than get people riled up.  Sadly, those reaction responses are so ambiguous that they don't tell you much more than "I read what you posted".  A laugh could mean that the person was amused or scornful. A confused face might mean real bafflement or "Why would you say anything like that?"  Even LIKE could mean "I agree" or might be just a facebooky "I read this one."   The only responses that I take to heart myself are the rare ones that say "Thanks".  That one is hard to misinterpret.  :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

Thank your lucky stars you are getting off so easy; the forums are an ugly place.  

Look at the old 2003 through 2005 forum archives; they were about second life.  

Now, not so much.  

It was actually far worse back then that it is now. IMO. I didn't post much but I sure read a lot of... you know, bs.

• Like 7

Although reactions are just that.  A reaction.  Simply because you don't like mine, I'm targeting you?  Seriously?

BTW.  It's not everyone's messages I have disabled.  😁

Confusion reactions give no points unlike laughs which is why I prefer them.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Confusion reactions give no points unlike laughs

I didn't know that.  Why didn't I know that?  (Not that I give a fig about points, but that seems like something I should have known.)  I really have to start paying more attention.

• Like 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

I didn't know that.  Why didn't I know that?  (Not that I give a fig about points, but that seems like something I should have known.)  I really have to start paying more attention.

Someone had mentioned it once as to why they used confused or scared and not laugh.  Either way, I get scorn laughs and confused reactions at times.  We all.do.  Not really something to concern yourself with IMHO.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Confusion reactions give no points unlike laughs

Sad faces don't give points either, if I'm remembering right.

• Like 3

I like the way it works on Discord, because there you can use any emoji, even custom ones, as a reaction. Here, the entire gamut of human expression is compressed down to a trophy, a laugh, a confused look, and what looks to me like anguish. Who decided this is the range of human possibility for Second Life forum authors? It's so arbitrary. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Not everyone's nice here on the forum which I'm sure you've figured out. But if you want to participate, I guess you'll have to stiffen up that upper lip and take all kinds of people. There have been times I've felt discouraged to participate here too due to.. people, so you're not the only one. The trick IMO is to ignore it. Engaging them and letting them know they're getting to you makes it worse. Don't give people power over you. You can choose to only engage with people who have a positive impact on you.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.