Question re: Updating an Item

Skatoulaki Nakamori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm fairly new at Marketplace listings, having returned from SL last year after several years away. When I left, we were still using physical boxes to store inventory. The new way was an adjustment for me, but now that I have the hang of it, it's so much simpler than having to have boxes of inventory all over the place. Anyway, when I first decided to start my "shop" (it's MP only, not in-world yet), it was at the very end of May, so I decided to post some Pride items I'd made last year and offer them for free. This was before I learned how to make texture change HUDs, so it was really just a box of mesh dresses in various designs.

I had a couple of 5-star reviews, but one of them indicated that a couple of the designs in my listing images were missing. I have since learned to make texture HUDs, and I'm in the process of making HUDs for those same dresses and intend to replace my listing with the updated version to include the ones that I apparently forgot to pack in the original box as well as a couple of extra designs I've made since then.

Is there an easy way for me to send this new item to anyone who has previously purchased the other version? I see where I can redeliver individual orders, but is there any way I can redeliver in bulk to anyone who purchased them? And if I redeliver will they get the new one, or will they receive a redeliver of the old version?

Edited by Skatoulaki Nakamori

• Moderators

Greetings!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to bulk redeliver items to all users who previously purchased an item through the Marketplace. 

When you update an item, the system has the ability to use Version folders, so the newly updated item would be a different "version" from the original item.  As long as that new version is the item actually set as the active item on the listing, then anyone who gets a redelivery of the item would receive the new version just as anyone who purchases the item after you have updated it would also be getting the new version of the item. 

You can, and I would encourage all sellers to do this, put a notice at the top of the Item Listing Description (Extended Description field on the Edit Listing Page) letting everyone know that the item was updated. 

** Updated June 21, 2021 ** 

If you have purchased the item before June 21, 2021, please request a redelivery to receive the updated version 

Or some other similar type of notice.  

If you download a copy of your sales record (depending on how many sales you have, this should be done on a monthly, twice monthly, or weekly basis for your own personal record keeping. The more sales you have, the more often you should download the report), you should be able to sort the record by Item Name to see which sales were for the specific item.  

You then have different options available to you. You can send the updated copy to each user in world or send them an IM/Notecard letting them know that the item was updated and they can receive the newer version by requesting a redelivery of the item through the Marketplace, or you can pull up each order through your Merchant home - Orders - Transaction History log and manually redeliver the items to all of your customers who purchased the item before the date it was updated. 

I would personally encourage sellers to attend the Web User group, if possible,  if they have suggestions or ideas for new features or functions that they would like to see on the Marketplace, like bulk redelivery. 

The Web User group is hosted by the teams who have direct input on the Marketplace and submitting suggestions directly to them is a great way to let them know that there is demand for a particular feature that merchants would like to have, if possible. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

• Like 2

I have put an update notice on my listing and didn't create a new listing; I just replaced the item in the listing with the newer version. It's a free item (for Pride), so I'm not going to go nuts sending out a new one to everyone who purchased it. I did send it to the person who mentioned in her review that a few of the designs were missing, and she loved the new version. Thanks for the responses🙂 I will join the Web User group!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.