Sirius Estates Photo Contest? Excluding Everyone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the place for this or not. I'm a little upset about this so called contest that Siris Estates is having. They say that you can't use photoshop or anything in your photos but how is that fair? For a supposedly LGBTQ sim they say they are inclusive but they aren't including anyone. They are excluding almost everyone. I wonder if they even got anyone to enter. Are there other photo contests like that? Is photo editing that bad? I think it is a good and necessary skll to perfect your pictures. Why punish people who are good by excluding them? Does that make sense Sirius Estates?

• Confused 2

Hello AlariaWekesa,

Sirius Estates is having the contest because we want to be inclusive to everyone. We say to use the tools that are built into the viewer, so this gives everyone access to the contest, even the ones that do not have access to photo editing tools. 

If you would like to talk to me about this, I will listen. 

Best Regards, 

Twist Firebeard-Thomas

Co-Owner, Sirius Estates

♡ Come, be yourself. ♡

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AlariaWekesa said:

I don't know if this is the place for this or not. I'm a little upset about this so called contest that Siris Estates is having. They say that you can't use photoshop or anything in your photos but how is that fair? For a supposedly LGBTQ sim they say they are inclusive but they aren't including anyone. They are excluding almost everyone. I wonder if they even got anyone to enter. Are there other photo contests like that? Is photo editing that bad? I think it is a good and necessary skll to perfect your pictures. Why punish people who are good by excluding them? Does that make sense Sirius Estates?

I have to agree with Cuslim and WolfDemon. Photography is a art form. You are trying to capture of scene of what your eyes see. If you are into editing, does you be an be Illustrator instead, draw an comic or paint a artwork or something.

If you insist on turning a photo into something unreal in the rl, then to me you are a Illustrator not a photographer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.