Ugh silver head

JadoreChanel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am using the Maitreya body and Genus head but every time I turn on advanced lighting Model my avatars head turns silver, how can I fix this? It's very annoying. I am using firestorm updated one

Edited by JadoreChanel
missed something

Β  Β This is a quite common thing. If you don't have ALM on usually, you won't see the effects of materials until you do turn it on, and a lot of people who keep ALM off are unaware of their body parts being so glossy they appear as if made out of polished metal.

Β  Β The material settings for either head and body can be found in their respective HUDs, you'll have to adjust them with ALM on to see the effects. For Maitreya it's under the skin/base tab's advanced menu:

09c8cdb4f067fabb911181bc77921777.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... well, don't show the pic then, alright. Please do click the image link...Β πŸ™„

Β  Β You'll need to include the .png link to embed it.

0abc3af685bd7299d7ad3fe54491a1b4.png

• Thanks 1

Switching off ALM or materials is not a solution - others can and will still see you in all your misery 😁

Always switch on ALM when you set up your body - go out into the sunshine - then set your materials to a USEFUL value. ( 100% is NOT a useful value )
Head and body have independant settings and of course every body/head has different huds. It's your avatar so find out how that works. Most creators have manuals and websites. (Ever heared of google?)

If everything is ok you can switch off ALM if you prefer or have to use ultra low graphics.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.