I try to update my parcel music but it doesn't work, btw how to join group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I try to update my parcel music but it does't work

I go to Land and then Sounds, update the url to youtube url, as well as i try other radio url but didnt' work - i couldn't hear music

btw how to join group at SL

I had SL account for a long while, but really just recently being active user

please help

7 minutes ago, Gothromanic Exonar said:

Hi I try to update my parcel music but it does't work

I go to Land and then Sounds, update the url to youtube url, as well as i try other radio url but didnt' work - i couldn't hear music

btw how to join group at SL

I had SL account for a long while, but really just recently being active user

please help

You need actual stream adresses to add to your parcel audio, just URL's don't work

About the groups, many are to join by opening the group profile and click join, some are invitation only, some others have a join fee .. and some are simply closed (private used groups)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gothromanic Exonar said:

Although it's possible to get YouTube URLs to work in the Media tab (with a little practice), to stream audio on the land radio selectable from the Sound tab, you need to find the actual stream URL, as Alwin said. Your favourite internet radio source will be different, but to work through an example:

1. somafm.com lists a bunch of their internet radio stations. Let's select one as a sample:
  2. Groove Salad is one, but none of the links on the page will work. They're mostly playlists (".pls" extensions) that launch a player. But there's a button "Direct Stream Links" and text at the bottom "alternative stream links for internet radios and other media players" either of which get to another page:
  3. "Groove Salad — Direct Streaming Server Links" with a long list of possible stream URLs, most of which still won't work. I always end up choosing an mp3 stream, such as:
  4. http://ice4.somafm.com/groovesalad-128-mp3 — finally, an internet radio URL that will work for parcel audio streaming (although being host-specific, it could change at any time).

Different internet radio stations / collections have different rituals for finding the underlying stream URLs, but it gets easier with practice. Another source is the venerable "Icecast" directory, where the "Play" buttons link to streams, some of which will work. Worst case, it's possible to let a service launch their dumb player, then snoop around your machine's internet connections and figure out which IP address and port is the actual stream (for the nonce).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.