Name tags are too low.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm using the Firestorm viewer. The name tags in my viewer have moved from above the heads to chest level, which is quite annoying. Does anybody know what may have caused this and how to correct this? I've looked at Preferences > General and at the Advanced tab in the menu bar, but can't find anything relevant. Please help. Thank you.

Edited by MoreCandy

See Firestorm Preferences:

• Quick Preferences Panel
  • Tags Offset: Allows you to adjust the height of your name tag above your avatar. Handy for non human avatars, from tinies to large dragons, so the name isn't embedded in the avatar, or floating way above.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_quick_preferences

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MoreCandy said:

Hello, I'm using the Firestorm viewer. The name tags in my viewer have moved from above the heads to chest level, which is quite annoying. Does anybody know what may have caused this and how to correct this? I've looked at Preferences > General and at the Advanced tab in the menu bar, but can't find anything relevant. Please help. Thank you.

This happens, also, if another avatar is wearing a deformer of some kind.  Usually, girls with extremely high shoes can have their tags showing much lower than everyone else if the use the shoe deformer.

4 hours ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

See Firestorm Preferences:

• Quick Preferences Panel
  • Tags Offset: Allows you to adjust the height of your name tag above your avatar. Handy for non human avatars, from tinies to large dragons, so the name isn't embedded in the avatar, or floating way above.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_quick_preferences

Thank you! The offset was set to -5. Put it back to zero and everything is fine now. ☺️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got the "Tags Offset" set to 5, which is the maximum it will go, and my name tag is STILL way too low!  I've tried typing '15' into the box in an effort to raise it over my head but typing higher numbers into the text box doesn't do anything.  (It just gets ignored.  If I dismiss the Quick Preferences box and pull it back up, the number returns to '5'.)  Only moving the slider, which ends at '5'.

Anyone know why that would be?

Edited by AuntieSnakesSpicyMouseStew

I've noticed, a few times, that default positions for the name tags get in the way of seeing voice indicators. I'm not sure if there's anything else of the same sort, essentially part of the avatar rather than a scripted attachment, but these built-in display items need to be considered together, or we'll fix one problem and create another.

6 hours ago, AuntieSnakesSpicyMouseStew said:

I've got the "Tags Offset" set to 5, which is the maximum it will go, and my name tag is STILL way too low!  I've tried typing '15' into the box in an effort to raise it over my head but typing higher numbers into the text box doesn't do anything.  (It just gets ignored.  If I dismiss the Quick Preferences box and pull it back up, the number returns to '5'.)  Only moving the slider, which ends at '5'.

Anyone know why that would be?

Are you wearing a deformer of any kind?  Body or shoe?  Not a shoe base but an object used to raise the height?  Those will effect your name tag placement.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.