Can only partially access sl, help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was importing an item off of blender into sl and the second i clicked upload it went to (not responding) on the top bar and after a moment closed, now i can't log in. i tried a few times and normal viewer, firestorm and black dragon and even with my alt account i cant log in. The weird thing is i can get onto here and sl market and browse sl market fine, but i can't click buy now, i thought maybe buying the import triggered a glitch in the linden and buying a cheap thing would update (i see at the top the money for the model import was taken) i can get on here, and my sl page and view stuff like partner, but not billing or transaction history. I diagnosed connection problem and it said my ends fine it's them not responding likely it's a problem on sl end but i can't get on the help page either, i tried to write a ticked for help and the ticket page isn't working (it just endlessly loads on these pages until it says not found) i ran defrag on my computer but all other sites like youtube and facebook are working fine so i dont think it's me, i would wait a bit as it's only been about an hour but i feel like this is maybe a big glitch or something and i want to get on it fast

I don't use ad blockers, never have used one. i'm hoping maybe it's something with them that'll fix itself after some time has passed. But i can't even get on the page to write a ticket, i tried something more complex like the games on newgrounds, the rest of the internet is all working fine it's just sl related stuff

19 minutes ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

screen1.png

Try disconnecting your computer from the router and rebooting the router by unplugging it from the power supply, leaving it for a minute or two, and then reconnecting it and turning it back on.  Go and make a cup of coffee or something while it reboots, and then reconnect your computer and try again.

That solves a lot of network connection issues, in my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I threw everything at the wall to see what sticks. I ran full defrag, anti virus, cleared all cookies and passwords, reset laptop, turned modem and power off/on, and deleted the model from blender. I don't know what part of that did it but it's working again, the sites too, thank goodness. I was worried it was going to be a much bigger problem

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

I threw everything at the wall to see what sticks. I ran full defrag, anti virus, cleared all cookies and passwords, reset laptop, turned modem and power off/on, and deleted the model from blender. I don't know what part of that did it but it's working again, the sites too, thank goodness. I was worried it was going to be a much bigger problem

You were IP-blocked.  When you got a new IP, you got in.  A VPN helps in these situations.  Its not as easy as it used to be to get your ISP to give you a new IP.  Turning the modem off for a while usually does the trick though. 

30 minutes ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

You were IP-blocked.  When you got a new IP, you got in.  A VPN helps in these situations.  Its not as easy as it used to be to get your ISP to give you a new IP.  Turning the modem off for a while usually does the trick though. 

While I agree that rebooting the router was probably what fixed it, I'm not sure that the OP was actually IP blocked.    The way it was once explained to me by one of the technical Lindens is that there are several steps, generally, between your router and the simulator to which you're trying to connect, and an issue at any one of these steps can cause the log-in to fail.  

Rebooting the router forces it to find a completely new route between your PC and SL, which generally bypasses whatever was causing the previous hold-ups. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

While I agree that rebooting the router was probably what fixed it, I'm not sure that the OP was actually IP blocked.    The way it was once explained to me by one of the technical Lindens is that there are several steps, generally, between your router and the simulator to which you're trying to connect, and an issue at any one of these steps can cause the log-in to fail.  

Rebooting the router forces it to find a completely new route between your PC and SL, which generally bypasses whatever was causing the previous hold-ups. 

Okay; the IP wasn't blocked it just wasn't allowed to connect.  As for routing, I realize that TCP/IP has provisions for static routing, but I thought static routing was for corporate backbones.  I'm old enough that I had to static route my own emails between cities, but that was a Unix thing before Windows and Mac came along.

• Thanks 1

Everything was fine all last night and today but just now it's cut me off, i was just sitting and IM chatting. I cant log back in or get on sites again, it took ages to do all that reset yesterday and to log back into everything. I thought it was over but is this going to be a frequent thing? Could it just keep happening

Since i cant get on the site to write a ticket is there a equivalent in email form? Some kind of help email, thanks

Posted (edited)

...Okay i disconnected and reconnected the internet and seems to be working again, i didn't have to do all that extra stuff this time. But i'm still going to write a ticket and send it off while i can get on. In case this could be an ongoing issue

Edited by AmyPinkLegend

6 minutes ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

...Okay i disconnected and reconnected the internet and seems to be working again, i didn't have to do all that extra stuff this time. But i'm still going to write a ticket and send it off while i can get on. In case this could be an ongoing issue

You don't need to be inworld in order to create a support ticket .  There is a link at the bottom of this page, in the "Connect With Us" column for Support, and once you're on that page, there is a link for "Submit a Support Ticket". 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

Ticket is done, so hopefully that's the end of this. Thanks very much for your help

When you hard reset your modem, don't just shut it off.  You need to unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in or hold the reset button down if it has one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.